Valued Contributor

I really need to wear an eyeliner now that my eyes are looked pretty washed out at the age of 66. I can NOT find one that stays on. Maybe my eyelids are a lttle oily, but I have tried numerous liners that the claim is made that they stay put all day, and I have never found this to be so. I have spent a lot of money on various eyeliners from all beauty lines. QVC had a line from France on years ago called Boujouis and they made a black pencil liner that stayed on for days. It was a flat black, no shimmer, not kohl. But they stopped carrying it and I found it by a google search, but the one I got was not the same one I had before. That was truly the only pencil I ever found that stayed on. And of course, it's long gone. Can any of you make suggestions as to an eyeliner that you have found really stays put until you remove it at night?? Thanks in advance. 

Trusted Contributor

Looking forward to any/all answers.  Tarte was pretty long wearing, but has begun to irritate my eyes.  I can no longer use it.

Honored Contributor

@tdog

I find that any eyeliner called 'gel' stays put for me..I like the pencils.

Ulta makes a nice one for a very reasonable price. The Milani ones are good too and inexpensive.

I'd caution you not to spend the money on the prestige brands until you're satisfied that the gel formulation works for you

Honored Contributor

IME pencil just doesn't stay on as well as liquid. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

Looking forward to any/all answers.  Tarte was pretty long wearing, but has begun to irritate my eyes.  I can no longer use it.

I love the Kat Von D liquid liners. They stay on extremely well, even on my eyes which I rub all the time due to allergies. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeliner woes

[ Edited ]

@tdog ~ to date, the best I have found are Laura Geller's Kajal

Eyeliner Pencils,  A273405.  Read the reviews, which are pretty good.  I waited a long time for these to come back into stock, and there is also a new color offering with a black, plum gray and smokey quartz color pencils.  So far, these are the best wearing eyeliner pencils I've used.

Respected Contributor

I suggest just putting a brown gel eyeliner in your water line (top and bottom) - not eyeliner on top of eyes at our age.  You might smudge some darker shadow around your eyelashes on top and bottom, but eyeliner is extremely harsh looking -- just my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

I was looking for suggestions for eyeliners on this board a while ago, and one poster suggested the Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeliner, and many suggested the Urban Decay 24/7.  And they are both great and stay put.  So, you might want to head to your local Walgreens and try the Jordana, since it is only about $3 to see if it works for you. Urban Decay is about $20.

Trusted Contributor

You might want to try L'Oreal Infallible 24h Lacquer Liner.  It's a get liner in a pot and it's fantastic.  If I put it in my waterline, it stays all day long without smudging or disappearing.  It doesn't irritate my eyes either like a lot of liners do.  It comes with a brush and you can get it from between $7 and $10 depending on where you buy it.  

I have dozens of eyeliners, from drug store to very high end and this is one of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

I use Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils. I often have teary eyes, especially on my walks if it's windy, and they don't budge. I love their selection of shades, too.

Most of mine came in sets that made them more economical, but I have bought a couple singles as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland