Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeliner that will stay on ALL DAY (until I wash it off)

the longest lasting for me is the Laura Geller eye rimz using it wet and her eye rimz little brush. I use both plum like it hot as well as stainless teal. I use them dry as well and they last 6 hours but using them wet they last a good 8 to 12. This works better for me than anything else I have tried regardless of price or from where. I use the Korres pencils from HSN for bottom lining.

I sometimes use a lid primer(ELF in the clear see through tube) but it is rare I use one.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

There are not many eyeliners I have not tried. I've got sensitive eyes and oily eyelids. Many cause itching and most move around. Out of all of them, right now I'm using Skinn chubby stick gel eyeliner. It does the best job for me right now. It's easy to apply; it glides on; and it stay on, not forever but a long time. I have no adverse reaction to them, and the colors are good. They're good on the tear line with no problems. You can have a thin line or smoke it out. It's inexpensive. 

The other one that was good for my eyes for years is Clinique applied wet with a brush. Still use, but not as often as Skinn.

HERE HERE! A big hallelujah to the Skinn smudge sticks! They are the best eyeliners/eyeshadow sticks ever! They will be there from morning to night for me...They are my fave liner bar none!!! If I want a thin eyeline I may use one of his other thinner eyeliners or maybe of the Shashbox ones I have (but they also seem to smear sadly) 

I have lined my eyes with D's smudge sticks and haven't seen them move until I have taken them off....they are the best for ALL DAY use IMO! I have tried other brands to see if one matches the lasting performance and I have always been let down with other brands smearing or smudging long before I would hope for them to...sometimes an hour later...Love his blue azure for my tear line (blue eyed gal Woman Wink) and his dusk is BEAUTIFUL for a all over lid shade (taupey mauve)

Esteemed Contributor

I won't advocate not applying eye cream during the day, but perhaps you could use a light textured one before applying makeup.  Light texture is one of the reaons I love Borghese's Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes as a suitable eye cream for wearing under makeup.  Also, dadding a bit of eye primer lightly around the rim may help your liner stay put.  Some I like are: Laura Geller's Eye Spackle, Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion (anti-aging formula), and Smashbox Photo Finish Shadow Primer.  

Of course in addition to a good base, you have to have a quality liner.  For the most serious eyes I strongly recommend Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner.  Some people don't like dealing with having to paint the liner on (dipping a brush into the pot), but it's not difficult and once applied it stays.  

In addition to Bobbi's, other wonderful eyeliners which perform well for me are: Smashbox Always Sharp, Laura Geller's Inkcredible, Too Faced Perfect Eyes, Lancome's LeStylo Waterproof Pencil, and the very inexpensive NYX Retractable Eyeliner.  

Honored Contributor

Laura Geller Inkcredible gel liners stay put for me. They go on well, too.

Honored Contributor

Definitely use a primer first. I'm using Urban Decay eye potion primer - the anti-aging one. It is even better than the original version.

Trusted Contributor

For me personally, I think I've tried everything mentioned here.  I have allergies, and watery eyes.  I like to rim my eyes and used to use the red Maybelline pencil and burn the tip.  Someone on here suggested Scandaleyes by Rimmel.  I use both Scandaleyes and/or Exaggerate.  $6 and it doesn't move or smear.  I love it.  

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Kat Von D Lightening Liner. Her other liquid liners probably do too but I haven't tried those. 

I use her "Tattoo" eyeliner and it's the best I've ever used!!  Stays on all day until I wash it off at night!!