Respected Contributor

I wish they would offer a set WITHOUT black in it.  I know black is most popular, but not everyone uses it.  I don't ever use it.  I find it way too harsh for me.

The sets are often a good deal than buying separately.  But I know I won't use the black, so that's a waste.

If they would just make a few sets available without black.  I have been looking for a blue type eyeliner, so I have been watching the videos to see what they are like.  Most all of them spend 99% of their time talking and demonstrating the black and ignore the other colors.

I also wish they would spend some time giving more ideas on how to use the colors.  I use eyeliner to line my lower eyelashes and smudge it.  Really gives my eyes more to them.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I agree, the QVC lines do not have sets without black, and they should offer them... They might be surprised at how well they sell.  Just not knowing your market is all that is.

If you'll look at drugstore, the Rimmel, Revlon Colorstay and NYX lines have good pencils and you could buy just  the colors you like very reasonably. 

I also think I saw a HSN,  Lancome presentation that had a set without black.  Not 100% sure. Maybe Julep on QVC,com?  They have great pencil liners.  I have one.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way about hair accessories.    I am blonde (bleached, of course), and I use jaw clips for my up-do.    They seem to only come in dark brown and black.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I won't use a black liner either.  I found a Mally set of 4 without black last year - just olive green, dark purple, brown, and a light highlighter color.  Not on QVC, tho.  I think I got it at Kohl's.  They are out there if you look.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I wish they would offer a set WITHOUT black in it.  I know black is most popular, but not everyone uses it.  I don't ever use it.  I find it way too harsh for me.

The sets are often a good deal than buying separately.  But I know I won't use the black, so that's a waste.

If they would just make a few sets available without black.  I have been looking for a blue type eyeliner, so I have been watching the videos to see what they are like.  Most all of them spend 99% of their time talking and demonstrating the black and ignore the other colors.

I also wish they would spend some time giving more ideas on how to use the colors.  I use eyeliner to line my lower eyelashes and smudge it.  Really gives my eyes more to them.

Hyacinth

I get so tired of hearing everyone needs a black liner. That's not true at all! Especially as a woman matures. Black liners are just too harsh.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  If I purchase a set, I gift the black. As far as some of the colored liners that seem strange, pair them w/ the others under the eye. The greens, turquoise, etc. are usually not dark enough for the top lid to give definition. ***Keep purples off the bottom lid. Most of them have too much red and you can end up w/ “rabbit eyes”. I love navy on top or bottom...whitens/brightens the eye.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

I get so tired of hearing everyone needs a black liner. That's not true at all! Especially as a woman matures. Black liners are just too harsh.

Amen!

They keep bragging which black is the blackest!  And they draw it on the models more and more.  It is too harsh on some of them.

I would like some dark brown mascara also.  And I started using that when I was in my 20's, as I am very fair.  There is a market for it.

I am not criticizing the use of black eyeliner if one likes it.  Just give those of us who don't want it a choice.  Or maybe you have ENOUGH black and would like another color.

Hyacinth