Trusted Contributor

Eyeliner recommendations, please.

I need a long lasting eyeliner due to oily eyelids. I have been happily using Tarte for awhile, but now it causes my eyes to itch, water, and the eyeliner ends up making me look like a racoon. I prefer not having to sharpen pencil if possible. I am over 60, but I still feel that I need more than just mascara. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeliner recommendations, please.

I still haven't found one that can beat Urban Decay 24/7

Respected Contributor

On another note, how are you over 60 and have oily eyelids?  Lol. I'm as dry as a bone, ugh. Nothing is oily on me anymore 😫

Honored Contributor

I agree about UD 24/7 eye pencils. Look at their Razor Sharp liquid eyeliners. I find they look great on upper lid. Use a similar color from the UD (sharpening only) 24/7 pencil on the lower lid.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I need a long lasting eyeliner due to oily eyelids. I have been happily using Tarte for awhile, but now it causes my eyes to itch, water, and the eyeliner ends up making me look like a racoon. I prefer not having to sharpen pencil if possible. I am over 60, but I still feel that I need more than just mascara. 

An eye primer would help immensely with oily eyelids.  

I would recommend the Jessie's Girl liquid eyeliner -- it doesn't go anywhere.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the recommendations Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I like Lancome's khol black eyeliner.  Stays on all day for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen a lot of good reviews for the Marc Jacobs high liner. Lots of different colors.
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I agree about UD 24/7 eye pencils. Look at their Razor Sharp liquid eyeliners. I find they look great on upper lid. Use a similar color from the UD (sharpening only) 24/7 pencil on the lower lid.

I also want to add, Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil is very similar in quality to the UD 24/7 pencils and come in many colors -- exclusively at Sephora for now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I have seen a lot of good reviews for the Marc Jacobs high liner. Lots of different colors.

Yes.  I have a sample of Marc Jacobs that I wore the other day.  It stayed put all day and I had to rub to get it off.  My eyes water a lot in this cold weather and other liners usually run, but this one did not.  My sample color is black and it's a little too harsh.  I'll get another color.