Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

What about a gentle wipe with some denatured alcohol or a toner applied to your lids to dry them of the oil before applying the eyeliner? I use Urban Decay eye pencils.

@JustJazzmom  Is that safe?

I said 'gentle' so maybe use a damp Q tip or damp cotton ball (not saturated). I think it might work., as long as both aren't drippiing with the toner/alcohol.

@JustJazzmom  With all due respect, alcohol on eyelids is not a great idea...even w/ a q tip.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

What about a gentle wipe with some denatured alcohol or a toner applied to your lids to dry them of the oil before applying the eyeliner? I use Urban Decay eye pencils.

@JustJazzmom  Is that safe?

I said 'gentle' so maybe use a damp Q tip or damp cotton ball (not saturated). I think it might work., as long as both aren't drippiing with the toner/alcohol.

@JustJazzmom  With all due respect, alcohol on eyelids is not a great idea...even w/ a q tip.

I've done it but very carefully as it can burn if the ball is too wet.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Please don't use straight alcohol, even on a q-tip, anywhere near your eye! If you want to try an alcohol-free skin freshener (and even that's risky) that would be as strong as you would ever want to use. Not worth risking blindness to make liner adhere.

Super Contributor

Re: Eyeliner problem

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about the line across the eye, or the wing or both. My  wings tend to fall off, no wonder I am grouchy, lol.

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

DMC make a q tip with some oil in it, try that instead. 

Honored Contributor

It's been a long, long time since I've worn a true eyeliner.  I've been using a dampened flat angled liner brush with eyeshadow with very good success.  I don't know what got into me, but I recently watched a QVC video of Kim Gravel's eyeliner duo for under $25.00.  It had nearly a perfect rating.  Anyway, on a whim, I ordered.  I wore it today for the first time and it didn't budge one bit until I was ready to remove it.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried all the gel liners and they all smear and the pots & sticks dry out quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown gel dries out quickly.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's been a long, long time since I've worn a true eyeliner.  I've been using a dampened flat angled liner brush with eyeshadow with very good success.  I don't know what got into me, but I recently watched a QVC video of Kim Gravel's eyeliner duo for under $25.00.  It had nearly a perfect rating.  Anyway, on a whim, I ordered.  I wore it today for the first time and it didn't budge one bit until I was ready to remove it.

@JeanLouiseFinch- This sounds interesting....I think I may have to try it....

Respected Contributor

I am loving Julep's When Pencil Met Gel -- though my eyelids are not super oily.  The Q sells it individually and in sets. 

Respected Contributor

Using an eye primer that has somewhat of a matte finish will help especially if you have oily lids. My skin is dry but I have found that eyecolor crayons which claim to be a primer also will not work for me. Example: Mally's crayons are supposed to have a built in primer but I still need an eye primer. Otherwise my liner will not wear all day.