Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@bonnielu Urban Decay Primer Potion is the only thing that works for me, and it only takes a tiny bit to make my eye makeup last for at least 10 hours. I don't use stick liners, they just don't work for me. I've been using darker colored shadows (usually brown) for years because I like the softer look, plus they go on smoother. But if I don't use primer 1st, shadow and liner are gone in an hour.

@vermint  In addition to eyelid primers, waterproof shadow sticks in a light, neutral tone also work well.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Shanus Thanks for the tip!

@vermint  You’re welcome. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It's the only one that stays. I have watery eyes and allergies and this works for me. Goes on easy without any tugging, etc.Great universal colors so you really can't make a wrong choice.

Respected Contributor

I like you have tried every eyeliner out there for years and gave up on pencils altogether so I have been using eyeshadow as an eyeliner but I still missed my eye pencil. Well, last week Ulta had a sale on Smashbox Always  Sharp waterproof kohl liner. Goes on so smooth and stays on all day. They were on sale for $11.20 usually go for $22.00. Come in many colors. I am so glad I bought 4 of them to try  I finally found my HG Eyeliner. But wait for a sale. I have  also heard that Stila makes a great pencil also and goes on sale all the time at Uta.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I like you have tried every eyeliner out there for years and gave up on pencils altogether so I have been using eyeshadow as an eyeliner but I still missed my eye pencil. Well, last week Ulta had a sale on Smashbox Always  Sharp waterproof kohl liner. Goes on so smooth and stays on all day. They were on sale for $11.20 usually go for $22.00. Come in many colors. I am so glad I bought 4 of them to try  I finally found my HG Eyeliner. But wait for a sale. I have  also heard that Stila makes a great pencil also and goes on sale all the time at Uta.

I forgot to mention that these are the twist up ones not the pencils that you sharpen.

Honored Contributor

What about a gentle wipe with some denatured alcohol or a toner applied to your lids to dry them of the oil before applying the eyeliner? I use Urban Decay eye pencils.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

I love Mally's Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liners.  I just discovered them not to long ago.  Before that, I was wearing Urban Decay, but my eyes started having a reaction to them. 

Here's a set of 5 A344519 that was a ODO that I bought about a month ago.  There are some reviews saying they don't last, but I have never had an issue.  I make sure to apply them on clean skin.  I get very sweaty during my workouts and have had sweat drip down my eyes with no problems.  The trick is to keep them sharpened to a fine point.        

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

What about a gentle wipe with some denatured alcohol or a toner applied to your lids to dry them of the oil before applying the eyeliner? I use Urban Decay eye pencils.

@JustJazzmom  Is that safe?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom  Is that safe?

I said 'gentle' so maybe use a damp Q tip or damp cotton ball (not saturated). I think it might work., as long as both aren't drippiing with the toner/alcohol.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼