Respected Contributor

If you have oily eyelids where makeup never stays on all day, what eyeliner seems to stay on the longest, I have tried so many and none of them last past noon on my eyelids.

I use a primer, I have tried many, Benifit seems to be my go to and works the best but nothing keeps my eyeliner on. And of course, who wants to return just a single eyeliner so then I end up tossing it and money down the drain.

TIA for your help!

Valued Contributor

Re: Eyeliner for oily eyelids

A little powder brushed on eyelids before applying makeup helps.

Respected Contributor

@gtx wrote:

A little powder brushed on eyelids before applying makeup helps.

Thank you! I have actually tried that (saw on Youtube), didn't end up working for me.

I just hate reapplying eyeline during the day, I do my lashes and trying to redo liner is harder after my lashes are done, I have some hooding of the eye so it makes it harder to get in there after mascara

Frequent Contributor

I have always put the same color of eye shadow over top of my liner with a liner brush and for me it makes even the worst of liners stay much longer.
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl   Hello. Try using a pale matte shadow to set your primer...all over your lid. My favorite waterproof liners are Urban Decay 24/7. There are many color besides the basics. Use an eye shadow close to the liner color to go over the liner (even though it's waterptoof) to set the liner. 

Another idea is to use shadow as liner. Trish McEvoy and other makeup lines have a liquid that you dip your brush in first. This turns the shadows into a liquid and also makes it permanent until you remove it.

Good luck and let me know if this helps.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl My favorite "eyeliners" are Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. Yes, I love the lighter colors are eye shadow, but I have some of the darker colors that are wonderful for eyeliner.

Jungle, Plum, Cocoa, Tuxedo, Twilight. I run an angled liner brush over the tip of the color (My liner brush is a Lowe Cornell Golden Taklon 1/4" Angular Shader #7400-$4.99 on Amazon or at craft stores.) & those colors glide on like buttah. You have time to adjust, smudge, correct, but once it sets it stays until I take it off with my argan oil.

I line with anything & everything just to play with colors & looks, but when I need my makeup to look nice & know that it is going to stay all day I reach for the Caviar Sticks.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have very oily eyelids and I found that wearing an eye lid primer is a must. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance works best for me. I also liked NARS.  The key for me was wearing a long wear eyeliner. I have used Bobbi Brown gel eye liner for years (in several different colors) and these work extremely well. I've also used Kat von D Tattoo eyeliner and the Stila all day eyeliner and these are great liquid liner options. I have re-purchased these items several times. 

I should note that I also use the Bobbi Brown longwear eye shadow (in the pot) and the Laura Mercier caviar stick eye shadow. Powdered eye shadow does not work on my lids even with a primer. 

Respected Contributor

i have the world's greasiest eyelids, and have allergic reaction to lots of eye makeup anyway ... but what i have found works is to use neutrogena eye shadow (in grey) to pre-line my eyes, and then i top that with neutrogena gel eye liner pencil.   stays all day and no transfer.   sometimes i will use a little powder in the lid before doing this, but not always.  it stays either way.