Respected Contributor

I'm in search of a new eyeliner.  I want something that goes on smooth.  The pencil I'm currently using seems to pull the skin as I'm applying it.

Also, something that comes in other than black.  As I get older I'm trying to keep my makeup soft and not look like one of those old gramdma's with over exerated makeup.  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeliner Question

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

I'm in search of a new eyeliner.  I want something that goes on smooth.  The pencil I'm currently using seems to pull the skin as I'm applying it.

Also, something that comes in other than black.  As I get older I'm trying to keep my makeup soft and not look like one of those old gramdma's with over exerated makeup.  TIA

@Winkk   My HG liner pencils are Urban Decay 24/7. They come in many colors other than black. I love the navy and charcoal grey. There's also a dark brown that has no red in it (important). Check them out. I think you'll be pleased.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

@Winkk   My HG liner pencils are Urban Decay 24/7. They come in many colors other than black. I love the navy and charcoal grey. There's also a dark brown that has no red in it (important). Check them out. I think you'll be pleased.

Thanks @Shanus -- I'm currently using Urban Decay eye shadow and like it.  I'll give the eyeliner a try.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk   I forgot to add that any long wearing shadow stick, in the shades you like, can be applied as liner. Either use as is or I like to use a thin liner brush and rub it across the top of the shadow stick and apply...smoothe application and a lot of staying power. They can also be applied in the waterline.....

Honored Contributor

@Winkk   You're wecome. Check my additional reply re: shadow sticks.

Respected Contributor

@Winkk My favorite eyeliners are the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks with an angled brush.

They go on so smoothly with no skipping or pulling.

Just glide across the lash line.

You have time to smudge or adjust the line if you need to, but once they set they don't move.

I use argan oil (Ulta brand usually) as my makeup remover & it comes off easily. 

Cocoa & Plum are the 2 I use daily, but I love Azure, too.

I have Smoke & Sapphire, but evidently they are discontinued.

Regular Contributor
I have tried many and I keep going back to Bobbi Brown gel liner in the pot. Caviar Ink is a beautiful color. It lasts all day!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@jobiz wrote:
I have tried many and I keep going back to Bobbi Brown gel liner in the pot. Caviar Ink is a beautiful color. It lasts all day!!!

I've used that, and it does stay on all day, but you need a steady hand to apply it. 

Respected Contributor

Maybelline Unstoppables in Espresso, nice alternative to black.

Respected Contributor

I have a number of different eyeliners and I tend to agree that overall I like the Urban Decay 24/7 the best. Just don't think you can go wrong with those. I will say, though, that I have some Mally eyeliners that are old as the hills and they're still very, very good...always have been and I guess they always will be. Amazing!

And FWIW, some that I was influenced to buy but do not like are Marc Jacobs, Pixi, and I just tried an Elf one I found in my stash and talk about dry! Also tried some Sephora house brand and not so crazy about those either.