Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeline that WON'T BUDGE - I am wasting money trying!

Another good, waterproof liner is one always mentioned in magazines: Bobbi Brown’s Gel Liner in the pot. It’s more difficult to learn the technique using a brush instead of a pencil, but that gel really is on there until eye makeup remover takes it off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The two eyeliners I use were recommended by ladies on this forum a year or two ago.....

WetnWild Megaliner liquid eyeliner (not the H2O one) for my upper lid; thinnest brush tip ever and easy to work with. I slept in it once and it was still there on the next morning😬. Walmart has it for well under $3. 

The other one I use is Jordana pencil Made to Last 12 hr gel pencil eyeliner. I use it on my lower lash line and it literally stays there until I take it off....the only place I have found it here is at Walgreens...at the little display by the cosmetics dept checkout stand....$1.99 last time I bought some...I buy 2-3 when I see them because they are usually sold out, Hope you will give these a try.....I think at least one will work for you!

Respected Contributor

I don't have alot of trouble with my eyeliner staying put, but the most long lasting & easy to use is are Laura Mercier Caviar Stick.

I barely roll them up & then use an angled liner brush to line my eyes. Beautiful colors, smooth, pigmented & stay all day.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  I would look at Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown.  Read the comments and that will give you good indication of what is good.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Also be sure your daytime eye cream isn’t too emollient. for day wear I’ve had good luck with Bobbi brown’s eye cream (not the “extra” one). I’ve had good luck with the pot gel eyeliners, including Bobbi brown’s and Laura geller’s inkwell, and urban decay’s 24/7 pencils.
Trusted Contributor

The two eyeliners that work for me and my oily lids are Wander Beauty and Julep. I use the Julep eyeshadow as well for eyeliner. Lasts until I take it off. 

Respected Contributor

ELF gel liner in a small pot.  Stays put all day and well into the night.

Trusted Contributor

Julep Gel liners work very well for me. I have oily eyelids at times and the liner stays on until I remove it at night.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
Also be sure your daytime eye cream isn’t too emollient. for day wear I’ve had good luck with Bobbi brown’s eye cream (not the “extra” one). I’ve had good luck with the pot gel eyeliners, including Bobbi brown’s and Laura geller’s inkwell, and urban decay’s 24/7 pencils.

@Fluke67  When wearing eye cream, I agree a lighter one for day if wearing eye makeup, apply concealer and give it time to dry down. Then set it lightly w/ a white setting powder before applying shadow & liner.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Another good, waterproof liner is one always mentioned in magazines: Bobbi Brown’s Gel Liner in the pot. It’s more difficult to learn the technique using a brush instead of a pencil, but that gel really is on there until eye makeup remover takes it off.

@Shanus and others here, I am an avid fan of Bobbi's gel liner, I get a better result with it than I do liquid liners (and I've tried many) but just as an FYI, I purchased and LOVE Kim Gravel's line backer eyeliner.  There is something about her formula that, although it is waterproof/budgeproof, it allows you to perfect the line immediately without 'building up' if you know what I mean???  Just putting that out there for those of you who might be interested.  I find it far superior to IT's superhero eyeliner which does not allow you to do this.