Respected Contributor

@Summer Shine Not to overwhelm you, but I will add a couple of recommendations.

I do agree that sometimes we cause our eye area to be dry. I have found with cleansers (even if I have used them for the summer with no problem) they can be too drying for my eye area. They may say for dry/normal/sensitive skin, but sometimes they don't suit my eye area. 

Eye creams that claim to be firming/tightening can also make my eye area too dry.

I will try any eye cream, any price, trying to keep as much hydration as possible.

I have 3 eye creams that I love. One is PTR Hungarian Thermal Water Eye Cream (sound fancy!). A lovely cream & I only buy when it is on sale because of my other 2 favorites being ridiculously inexpensive!

2) Acure Radically Rejuvenating Eye Cream. Not radical or rejuventing, but great moisture, you get a 1 oz tube, & even at full price is only $17.

3) Probably my favorite of the 3, but I hate going to Trader Joe's is their Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream. $5.99 for a .53 oz tube!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

'Eye Cream' is a created term to sell more product, ditto for the neck.... You can use any cream on all areas, Explained to me by my MD, Ph.D. derm. I use argon oil ( not JM) on all areas...which my derm said was excellent.

Honored Contributor

Dr Perricone has a product special for the eyelids. Dr Denese used to have one but discontinued it. If you go to ebay and amazon and search eyelid creams, there are several that will come up. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour All Over Miracle Oil ($28) for over a year. It's wonderfully light but soaks into my face and neck, and I also gently pat it around and on my eyelids. I don't use a moisturizer specifically formulated for the eyes - never have. I'm 72 and do not have anything but a few light wrinkles around my eyes. For facial moisturizers, I like either Elizabeth Arden Ceramide or Olay Regenerist.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are using a microfiber cloth to wash your eye area then you might want to consider going back to using a cotton cloth instead. Although microfiber cloths are terrific at removing makeup, dirt and oil from the skin they can also remove too much oil which helps  keep the skin from drying out. Avoid hot water and harsh cleansers. Try using an occlusive product such as a butter or oil immediately after cleansing. It can usually take two to three days, sometimes longer, for the skin to regenerate the outer skin barrier. When the skin barrier gets slightly removed, for instance with cleansers, hot water and improper use of certain type cloths, then you'll end up with dry skin, redness and inflammation.

@SilleeMee  Since the wearing of masks, my skin has become extra sensitive and more dry. I've stopped my Vit. C, Retin A and even my Clarisonic on a daily basis...only can use them about twice a week.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Masks are the worst! Even the softest cotton masks don't help matters either. Fortunately I don't have to wear one all that often. I feel badly for people who have to wear them all day long....ugh.

Honored Contributor

I use my CLEAN hands.  Before I start my cleansing routine in the evening, I wash my hands.  Tatcha Cleansing oil is first.  I use my hands.  Then Tatcha Rice cleanser.  I use my hands.  Then the Rice Polish.  I use my hands.  Of course all serums and oils (The Ordinary and Drunk Elephant or Tatcha moisturizer) are applied with hands and eyelids get products I think will help.

I don't think an eyelid specific product is necessary.

My morning cleansing is just water and a wash cloth.

Are hands ok?

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelid Moisturizer

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

Masks are the worst! Even the softest cotton masks don't help matters either. Fortunately I don't have to wear one all that often. I feel badly for people who have to wear them all day long....ugh.

@SilleeMee   Oh wow, I so agree. My DH is a dental hygienist...mask all day 4 days a week...sentitive skin inherited from her Mama. She has started applying a thin  layer of Aquafor where her mask goes. So far, no issues, but I'm thinking eventually her pores will get clogged. I saw a plastic gadget...small, but looks like a Hannibal Lester open plastic cage that fits over nose and mouth so keeps mask away from face allowing air flow. If I see it again...think ad was on Youtube or Pinterest...I'm purchasing dozens for friends, family and clients who have had "mask-ne".

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I use my CLEAN hands.  Before I start my cleansing routine in the evening, I wash my hands.  Tatcha Cleansing oil is first.  I use my hands.  Then Tatcha Rice cleanser.  I use my hands.  Then the Rice Polish.  I use my hands.  Of course all serums and oils (The Ordinary and Drunk Elephant or Tatcha moisturizer) are applied with hands and eyelids get products I think will help.

I don't think an eyelid specific product is necessary.

My morning cleansing is just water and a wash cloth.

Are hands ok?

@monicakm   My pat answer on that subject is "It depends". If you have longer nails, you can scratch your skin, retina taking off eye makeup or applying moisturizers and any products. If this is you, I recommend (to clients, as well) you use a soft, but dense foundation type brush to apply facial cleansers/creams. Use cotton pads to remove eye makeup...oil based cleansers for eye makeup remove it easier without pulling on delicate skin. In the mornings, I just use a hydrating toner on a cotton pad to cleanse my face. It will remove any night time treatments that didn't absorb completely. BTW, it's a good time to examine what's left on the pad...if any product, I change to another. If it hasn't absorbed into the skin in 6-8 hours, it didn't do its job for my skin. I'd change to another.

***Check your "cotton pads". Some are not all cotton, some have a textured side and smoothe side...be sure to use the more gentle side on eyes and textured on face. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I have nails but they don't extend past my fingers very much so no, I don't  have long  nails.