Occasional Contributor

Eyelashes falling out from thyroid issues

Can anyone recommend a good eyelash serum. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyelashes falling out from thyroid issues

Get the thyroid under control to help symptpms ( I have chemo induced hypothyroidism).

Try Rapidlash-worked for me, but takes about 6 weeks. Also Careprost @ taraskincare.com. This is the generic of Latisse and costs about 32 bucks.

Respected Contributor

i agree with @maestra.  get your thyroid issues fixed and use rapidlash.  i'm sure you must have other symptoms as well as the eyelashes and may not be aware of them.

good luck to you!

Valued Contributor

Have thyroid disease myself.  After recommendation from this community, I've been using Careprost with good results.

Occasional Contributor

I am on medication but still having hair loss.I will try your suggestions.Thanks to all of you for responding!

Contributor

Hi dvb59 - I am well medicated for my thyroid, but my hair (and lashes) still fall out like crazy.  I also have a lyme disease, so that seems to be the culprit more than the thyroid - craziness!  Anyway, I have used City Lash for several years with great results.  It's fairly inexpensive given that it lasts a very long time (the first tube I had lasted 9 months), and it has NO prostaglandins in it.  I have blue eyes and didn't want the irises to turn brown which can happen with products that have prostaglandins.  I've heard rapidlash and careprost work, but City Lashes worked so well for me, I've never had to try everything else.  I saw good results after about six weeks, but I really didn't get the best results until after six months or (I only use it once per day instead of twice).  Hope whatever you decide to use, works!!!  Best of luck.

Occasional Contributor

I just started using Careprost did this cause itching ? Just my lash line.

Honored Contributor

I'm also hypothyroid. Still have my eyelashes. My eyebrows are very sparse, my hair is thinning a lot. When I had my labs done earlier this year my thyroid was off a bit but not enough to warrant my hair fallout.