Super Contributor

Hi all! I have an issue with finding an eyelash curler that curls my lashes and doesn't break them off. I have tried about everything. I have thin. stick straight lashes that point down. I really need some ideas! Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyelash curlers that work!

I have a Shu Uemura and a Shiseido.  I really like both of them. My lashes are very straight and almost point downward too.

I warm my curler with the blow dryer before using it.  That really helps set the curl.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Shu Umera is the best!  I have one and it works great. I also tried the Kevin Aucoin one but it did not work as well.  

Honored Contributor

JAPONESQUE Go Curl Eyelash Curler from amazon

Trusted Contributor

Have you given any thought to getting your eyelashes curled?  I recently had it done, along with an eyelash tint.  I can't believe the difference.  I haven't worn mascara since.

It suppose to last 6 to 8 weeks.  We'll see.

Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo  I curently own Charlote Tilbury but I use to own the Shu Umera. They both work very wel. I have never had eyelash los with either one.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Thanks for responding. I will look them up! Have a nice evening

Super Contributor

I've never heard of that`~I will look into that. I would love to have eyes that look like I have mascara without the hassle~thank you

Respected Contributor

Try a heated eyelash curler. They hold the curl. I  Love them.

Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo   I've pulled out lashes with a curler no matter how careful I am. Mascara, especially waterproof, dries out the lashes and sometimes leaves them brittle.

Besides using oil on my lashes at night, I stopped the curler and when appling mascara, while lashes are still a bit "wet", I hold them up and back for a few seconds with my little finger. It seems to hold for the day without breaking off lashes.