Regular Contributor
Just saw a picture of myself with glasses on and didn't like it. Any makeup tips? Also bangs with glasses.....yes or no? Thanks.
Respected Contributor

Do you need glasses?  Can you use contacts?

Just google hairdos for women with glasses.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hairdos+for+women+with+glasses&qs=n&form=QBILPG&sp=-1&pq=hairdo...

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

The shape of your face is what's important when choosing eyeglass frames...get that right & it doesn't matter what makeup & hairstyle you wear. An Optician will fit the proper size, shape & color frames for you, the one I work with is great.

Contributor

I have just recently been trying on frames in many stores...my opinion is that all of the frames choices are dark heavy frames, and hide facial features instead of complimenting the face.  I feel like the trend is way too overpowering.  All that I see are glasses.  Can’t see anyone’s beauty behind the frames.  I gave up and went home. I don’t think makeup will help!  Don’t hide your pretty face 

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeglass wearers

[ Edited ]

Eyeglasses=best under eye concealer ever 😎

And yes to bangs

Honored Contributor

I wear glasses and also have bangs.  I wore contacts for most of my life starting at 18 yr of age so I’ve done both and now wear glasses exclusively.

Honored Contributor

Get some fun frames.  When I retired, I decided to get some fun glasses - I was tired of corporate looking frames.  Mine are bright (not neon) reddish pink.  I love them.  I can't tell you how many people comment on them.  My friends say they are a bit sassy like me.  And they bring out my bright green eye color.   I also have a pair of medium dark forest green that are gorgeous.  But I love my pink ones more so the green aren't worn very often.

Honored Contributor

Screenshot_2019-02-19 Peace Love World Mock Neck Hoodie with Dip Dye Cords — QVC com.png

Trusted Contributor

you simply need to find a frame that’s more flattering for your face. i see many women who look great in eye glasses. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wore glasses for 50 years before my cataract surgery last year. I wore frameless and the shape of the lenses were custom made for me. I never could do makeup right. I just wore mascara and called it a day. I didn’t like the plastic frames being offered today because I have a small face and they were always to big, that’s why I chose wire frames. You will most likely have to try a stand alone eyeglass place vs the chains.