Trusted Contributor

Re: Eyebrow pencils to cover gray

The Browgal works wonders! Also, Too Faced Brow-ni covers gray. The Browgal is more precise,tho. 

Esteemed Contributor

I want to thank everyone for their recommendations.  I have a lot of research to do!!!

Trusted Contributor

I too have find myself having to cover they greys that are coming in  Smiley Sad  I love Benefit Gimme Brow.  Covers well and i love the small brush.  Its pricey tho. 

I am going to look for the NYX Brow Mascara, hopefully it has a small brush..

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I have brown eyebrows with some stubborn gray mixed in.  Can anyone recommend an eyebrow pencil that will cover the gray?  I am currently using Mally's Brow Beauty Brow Fix in taupe.   The color is great .. but it doesn't cover the gray.   TIA

@Boehm Collector

Good suggestions here ....  a pencil won't cover gray.  

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Have you considered using Just For Men beard dye? It's easy to mix up just a small amount & brush it on your eye brows. 

Let it set for a few minutes & wash it off.

Bam!

Yes, Just For Men Beard Dye is great and I have used it for many years.  Very little is needed to dye brows and it works great.  There are quite a few shades to choose from. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I replied to Boem Collector because I have no color in my brows - totally white and Browgal pencil covers my brows completely as does Too Faced Brow-nie. 

I use the same color as my natural root color and they both work for me. I find that the Browgal is more precise. 

Respected Contributor

I used a natural brand of hair color on my moms brows. It looked GREAT, & lasted for quite a while. I applied it with a Q-Tip, & told her to close the eye I was applying it to. 

The color stayed where I put it (didn't travel). I'd leave it on about 25 minutes, wipe it off with tissues, then thoroughly cleanse the brows. 

IMO, this is the way to go. You wake up with colored brows, & don't have to worry about covering the grays. You just need to choose the right color- don't go too dark. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I prefer Ulta Brow Tint, $10, to NYX Tinted Brow Mascara.

The Ulta product has a much smaller brush wand which makes it so much easier to apply.  I found the NYX product tended to flake off by the end of the day and the wand is way too big.

I apply the Ulta Brow Tint, let it dry and then brush my brows with a clean spoolie to remove some of the excess tint...so I don't end up looking like a caricature of 'Mommie Dearest', lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pencils are okay, but not the best for covering gray hairs.  I don't care for brow mascaras.  Even when I wipe or blot the brush first, I still manage to get brow mascara on my skin, and it doesn't fill in my brows...so I have to use a second product anyway.

When I want my brows to look their best, I apply a wax first and then a powder.  This does a good job of covering up the white patch in one of my brows, and it also does a nice job filling in my sparse brows.  It gives my brows a soft look that I like.  

The other day someone asked if my hair color was my natural color and I said no.  They thought it was because my hair and eyebrows matched.  So I can only assume that my eyebrows look pretty natural.

Anyway, I've been using the Rimmel Brow This Way brow sculpting kit.  I thought I hated it, but since I bought a proper brow brush and spoolie to use with it (instead of the tiny ones that come with the kit), I like it much better.

I bought this Eco-Tools Brow Shaping set...

The Rimmel may not be the very best wax and powder duo out there; I don't know.  But it looks pretty good on me.

I still use a pencil or two when I'm feeling lazy or in a hurry, and I bought a brow gel to try out (haven't tried it yet), but the wax and powder have looked the best on me so far.  I don't like my brows to look harsh, and the wax and powder applied with a light hand look really pretty...then comb through with a spoolie and clean up the edges with a q-tip.  I also like to add a sheer light yellow face powder above my brows where I get redness, and adding that powder also helps to soften the look more.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@Mermaid22 This is exactly what my stylist does for me. She suggested it because I have lots of gray in my brows. Only takes a few minutes and looks so natural. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.