Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyebrow pencils to cover gray

I keep going back to YBF brow pencil (HSN). It covers grey and stays put.  I like Mally's borw pencil and Prescriptives. My problem is that I have black brows on very fair skin. It's better if I use a universal shade than a color match shade otherwise it looks awful. I find the YBF user friendly so I don't have to allow 20 minutes of fussing around to get my brows correct. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I use Anastasia tinted eyebrow gel.  My eyebrows are also very thin so I apply brownish eye shadow on the skin and then use the gel.  It is applied like mascara.  I do buy 1 shade lighter than I think my hair is, always changing as my color fades.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use IT's "Build A Brow" and really like it. Used to use pencils, started using this and never went back.  Its waterproof too which I like.

Wanted to add that I use the gray but it doesn't really go on gray or look gray in the pot.  I don't have a lot of gray hairs but it seems to work for me.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse 

The NYX product I love is called NYX Tinted Brow Mascara, hope that helps! Worth a try and you can't beat the price!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Thanks @Jacie Smiley Happy

I've got the IT TSV coming and it has their brow product in it so if it doesn't work out for me, I'm definitely going to try the NYX one!

Trusted Contributor

Best bet is anything in a gel form....or a gel brush form. Blinc is great it has a few mixed colors in the shade I use. Making it nautral. Can find at online skin stores or maybe e-bay. Not$$ last long time!

MILK has one in ale and it works but is light...a gel pencil type.

Benefit may still have one that was like a gel mix...hard to sharpen but did the trick!

Pomades help as well Smiley Happy!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Have you considered using Just For Men beard dye? It's easy to mix up just a small amount & brush it on your eye brows. 

Let it set for a few minutes & wash it off.

Bam!

@Dusty1

I've been doing that for years.  In fact, I first heard about it here!  

Just a tiny amount amount ... leave it on five minutes and your done for a week or so.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector,  Try IT Cosmetics or Doll 10.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Have you considered using Just For Men beard dye? It's easy to mix up just a small amount & brush it on your eye brows. 

Let it set for a few minutes & wash it off.

Bam!

Yes. This is what I do.  5 minutes, about once  a month. I bought a box about 18 months ago, and am only now needing a replacement.  

Respected Contributor

You might want to try MAC brand for eyebrows. It's a colored mousse or gel and is applied in mere seconds with a brush and tube similar to mascara. It comes in a wide variety of shades, and it doesn't come off until I wash it off at the end of the day. I started using it last year ago on a whim, and now I don't leave the house without it. I buy it online from Macy's, and it has always shipped for free.