Esteemed Contributor

Eyebrow pencils to cover gray

I have brown eyebrows with some stubborn gray mixed in.  Can anyone recommend an eyebrow pencil that will cover the gray?  I am currently using Mally's Brow Beauty Brow Fix in taupe.   The color is great .. but it doesn't cover the gray.   TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyebrow pencils to cover gray

You may have better luck with a tinted brow wax or pomade that you brush on.  The colored wax will tint the gray hairs.   Pencils only color the skin.

Respected Contributor

Have you considered using Just For Men beard dye? It's easy to mix up just a small amount & brush it on your eye brows. 

Let it set for a few minutes & wash it off.

Bam!

Honored Contributor

Benefit Gimme Brow-HSN 

Fills in brows looks natural. My hair is grey.

Bonus points for easy peasy application.🙋

Respected Contributor

Second vote for Gimmee Brow.  I also like YBF brow pencil from that other shopping channel.

Respected Contributor

I like the NYX Brow Mascara even better than the Gimme Brow. Have used both and the NYX works far better IMHO.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I like the NYX Brow Mascara even better than the Gimme Brow. Have used both and the NYX works far better IMHO.

@Jacie

NYX has several brow products, including two that look like mascaras.  Which one do you use?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the e.l.f. brow pencil and I would suggest this because it is a wax-based pencil. I'm not 100% certain that it will cover your gray, but for $2 I think it might be worth a try. My hair is almost black but I like to use the taupe for a more shadowing effect. BTW, this elf pencil is top-rated everywhere it's sold. It's very easy to find. Many places sell it on-line and in stores.Woman Happy Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for gimme brow, my eyebrows are a pain, grays and just wild in general, and this product does a good job.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I know this doesn’t answer your question about a makeup product, but if you color your hair ask the stylist to put some on your eyebrows. I don’t get this done but my best friend does and they do not charge her. Or perhaps you can do it yourself if you color your hair yourself. Just a suggestion.