Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyebrow help for chemotherapy patient

My eyebrows were always light blonde - and after chemo (10 yrs ago), they're barely visible. I just use a basic eyebrow pencil from Walmart, which does the job.  I wouldn't buy her any product for her eyebrows -- that should be something she could decide when she gets healthier.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you to all that responded and provided insight and support.  

Please let me clarify--we are very close and my friend has discussed with me her concern of "looking sick" with the expected loss of her facial hair.  Otherwise, I would not bring it up.  I am seeking this insight to support her per her concerns. 

I appreciate the experience and perspective you shared--and will look into the product recommendations.  

For the women who have shared their personal experience of health battles--please accept my wishes for continued health.

Thanks again for all of the notes.

Frequent Contributor

Great idea!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I tried over the years many brow products from Qvc,Hsn and Sephora.The best one for me is the new gel in universal color from Doll 10.First apply a eye primer on the eyelids and brows.The last step is swiping the YBF yellow powder lightly over the brows.It sets the gel and makes the brows look more natural.

Contributor

I have lost my eyebrows and lashes twice during chemo. I want to recommend getting little clear plastic stencils.  Andrea makes them very inexpensive and I forget who else.  It is hard to figure out the right place and shape and these are easy  to use.  I used a good old standby- The red Maybelline eyebrow pencils in blond ( I have dark brown hair). 

I sed Rapidlash before and after and my eyelashes are back to great shape.   My eyebrows grew in ok by themselves!

I am in good shape now and hope your friend does well.