Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyebrow Tinting - Made an appointment - Now I'm scared to go and do it!

@patbz wrote:

Another vote for Just For Men.  When I colored my hair I sometimes used it; very easy and lasts well.  Now that I've gone silver grey my brows are still naturally dark brown with occasional grey ( sometimes I tweezers those, sometimes I lightly colored with taupe pencil).  I have plenty of brows ( and hair) but tails are sparse; pencil works best.  My problem is that sometimes my brows get too long; in that case I use gasoline, comb them straight up and use small scissors to trim them across tops.  My 10x magnifier is my favorite tool and I tweeze daily.

i'm hoping you meant vaseline.....not gasoline!!!!

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

This is another thing I am afraid of--- looking like I have 2 black smudges above my eyes!  If I do keep this appointment, I will certainly tell them - for what it's worth -- that I don't want them dark at all --- just tinted so you can at least see them!  

But what you said is the opposite of what I do!  I want them really dark so the tint will last far longer.  The easy fix to temporarily lighten the look is to take a brush and dip it into loose powder and lightly tap on the brows.  Then you can keep repeating the powder until you get the desired result.  You will be much happier that way and the tint will last far longer for the money that you spend.  This is how I make my brow tint last far longer.  

Trusted Contributor

@Good4u  I use face powder on my brows when I just use too much brow product.  Works great!

Valued Contributor

Eyebrow tinting at salons IS dyeing your brows. They are using hair dye whether semi, demi or permanent color. It’s exactly the same as having your hair colored at the salon vs coloring yourself at home. Advice saying you should never do this yourself at home is ridiculous. Women and men use home hair coloring all the time. If I gave any advice it would simply be what common sense tells you: be careful near the eyes and don’t get any product in your eyes. Maybe swipe a thin layer of vaseline on your brow bone to prevent any dripping ( though I think the cream of fairly thick). Just for men color should be fine!
Valued Contributor

I get my brows done when I get my hair colored. I have sensitive skin and have not had any problems.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza 

I know what you mean -- I'd never have my lashes dyed either!  Thank you for the recommendation of Anastasia product!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Good4u 

Oh, I see.  Good idea - thank you!

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom 

Thank you --- reassuring!

Honored Contributor

Just thought I would post an update --- I did get my eyebrows tinted!  I don't seem to have had any problems.  The woman did some more waxing and shaping before she tinted, and this made my skin a bit red and tender.  She then applied the color.  She did a pretty light color first and let me check it.  I actually thought it was too light, so she applied a bit darker color.  I think she did a decent job, but what do I know since this is my first experience?  I don't know if I like it or not --- I haven't actually "seen" my brows in so long!  I was surprised though that I actually had more brow hairs than I thought I had!  I also bought a brow makeup item from her which I don't know if I will use but she demonstrated it on me so I had to purchase it.  She wanted to know if I wanted to go ahead and schedule a further appointment and I said I would just wait and see how this went!