Respected Contributor

hey q friends happy sunday! I would Like your opinion on this.is eye shadow still in style?I'm not seeing to many women wearing this.i recently purchased mascara,eye brow powder and eyeliners but no eye shadows.what I have is very old,and noticed the times I have wore it my eyelids start to itch.im thinking bc it is old,so I pitched.any comments would be appreciated

Respected Contributor

I always do eye shadow, if I'm doing full makeup. Nothing glittery, or sparkly here. Just nice neutral, or earth tones. Most I know do as well.

I think we're seeing less in the last couple of years, since everyone went very casual, even with their makeup. It's still a very popular item though. 

Good you pitched the old one causing irritation. You might try some different brands to see if it works for you. Just for fun, to see how you like it. 

Respected Contributor
@BlueFinch I appreciate your responding
Honored Contributor

Eyeshadow is very much in style.  Neutral shades seem to be moreso, but there are no makeup police so wear what you like. I still coordinate my eyeshadows to my OOTD. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also think eyeshadows are still very much in style. Depending on age and lifestyle, I've seen neutral eyes to very colorful eyes on women I see in public. I've been paying more attention lately, as I've wanted to get back into wearing eyeshadows myself. I'm still in the playing around w/ the colors I think will look good on me. 

Have fun!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  - Everyone I know that wears makeup wears eyeshadow.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam - I wear eyeshadow every day, and a while back our fellow poster and actual makeup artist  @Shanus gave me help about how to apply it for my eye shape. I love Laura Geller's Baked shadows, but I also wear the eye "sticks" from various companies like Mally and Belle. They stay on well, but so do my others with a primer under.

You did the right thing tossing your old shadows if your eyes were itching! Good luck finding something you like, and don't forget @Shanus is a wonderful help if you ask her!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Absolutely on the eyeshadow.  It enhances your eyes.  I have some VERY OLD shadows that are still perfect and I use regularly.  You may just have a reaction to something in that shadow.   I also use an eyelid primer prior to applying the shadow.  

Respected Contributor

I agree that eyeshadow is "in style".  I just got some gorgeous looks from Victoria Beckham for the coming months.  I have gray eyes (tending to a soft blue at times) and I wear shadow all the time when I go out.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Well I'm someone who probably has more eyeshadow palettes than she should but, oh well!  I like eyeshadow and wear it often, even on my more mature eyes.