Honored Contributor

Re: Eye shaddow

[ Edited ]

NO.....Summer is 6 months long in South Central Arizona

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

We'd probably be great friends.  I shun the sun.  I'm a night owl and can be found frolicking with the dogs outside in the middle of the night.  My eyes don't like bright.  My house is dim with lights on dim for a lovely ambiance. My skin is basically untouched by the sun lol  No idea how I ended up in Texas of all places!  I'd do well living in a very posh cave.

Respected Contributor
Thank you all for pictures and comments.i love the light browns tans and light pink eye shadows
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I am also a nightowl.  I worked "graveyard" for years....my Circadian rhythm is permanently shot... 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Eye shaddow

[ Edited ]

I only wear makeup if I'm going somewhere where I'll know somebody. I never run into anyone I know while running errands, so I don't wear it then, either. For me, not wearing it at home or while running errands is a gift to myself.  ETA: When I do wear make-up, I use Milani eyeshadow primer, and my powder shadow stays perfect all day no matter the conditions. Revlon mascara primer works fabulously, as well.

Respected Contributor

Florida, here. I'm using the set of four Doll 10 stick eyeshadows that I bought from hsn. I love them. Neutral colors. Used over a primer they have excellent staying power. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

On days I know I'm staying home all day, skincare only. I like to rest my face...any save my foundation, etc. for days out for errands or to work. 

Now that I'm using some expensive ($$$) Westman Atilier foundation sticks, etc. it kills me to apply it, stay home where no one sees it and wash it all off 8 hrs. later.

I also think since I apply makeup on others, it's not as big a deal as others here to apply it on myself.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Effie54 

We'd probably be great friends.  I shun the sun.  I'm a night owl and can be found frolicking with the dogs outside in the middle of the night.  My eyes don't like bright.  My house is dim with lights on dim for a lovely ambiance. My skin is basically untouched by the sun lol  No idea how I ended up in Texas of all places!  I'd do well living in a very posh cave.

Kindred spirits! I love rainy days, and shun the bright lights and sun as well. I can't take the heat, especially wearing makeup. My neighbors all go to bed early....except me. I'm up with you....staying up late. Yup, we'd be good friends. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Westman Atilier

Some day....

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

Yippee, a fellow night owl Smiley Happy

I like to say I've known from a very early age the damage

that the sun can do to your skin and for that reason I've stayed out of it.

But really I just hate sweating, the heat and the brightness of the sun.  So my lack of wrinkles and sun spots is purely a side effect of being vampire-like lol  I take 15,000 iu of D3 every day.