Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye serum or cream for under eye puffiness.

Whatever product you decide to try- keep it refrigerated! The coolness really helps with puffiness.

Honored Contributor

@LDenise wrote:

How were the results?  Are you happy with it?

@LDenise    are you asking me? Not sure who this post is targeted to..... 

I will say that Yes, I have used the under eye gelee in the past and liked it. I have not looked to purchase for a whlle as I had purchased  some extras and  I keep them refrigerated so they lasted me a long time. 

If you do not see it on eBay or on Evine for sale... I would email Isomers CS and ask them if it is something they still make... or maybe they have changed the formula and the name.

Honored Contributor

@scullychickWhat is the product you used as a mask...do you think just the washcloth works as well?

@scullychick wrote:

I have fought under eye puffiness for years and have tried many products, but just recently on a visit to the eye doc, we discussed my very dry eyes. She is having me do moist compress nightly for 10 minutes (you can use a warm washcloth or they have  a mask available for purchase which is what I did). It has been a great help with my dry eyes, but I have also noticed my under eye are looks much improved?!  I can't guarantee this is what is doing it, but the timing of the improvement would suggest it is. Good luck in your search

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd I use a mask from a company called Bruder - paid $15 at the eye doctor. I see them on Amazon for closer to $20. I didn't mention earlier, but you microwave these for 20 seconds (no longer) and wear for 10 minutes. I lay back and relax but it does have velcro. You would want to do this (or the washcloth) when you don't have anywhere to go right away as it blurs your vision for about 5-10 minutes due to your tear ducts opening up. 

I think the washcloth would work - but as the eye doc mentioned, it cools off rather fast and to make it work right, you would have to re-wet the cloth with warm water. If you Google "moist eye compress" it will show you how to do the washcloth method.

Respected Contributor

Place wet tea bags in the refridgerator. When they are chilled place them on your eyes,,,the caffeine and the cold will HELP reduce puffiness. Skip the $erum$ and cream$. Topicals do nothing for eye area sagging and bagging. I finally had my upper eyelids done last summer as they were sagging so badly I could not even wear eye make up any more. Results were wondeful. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@scullychick  Thanks for the information.  I'm going to look into this.

@scullychick wrote:

@phoenixbrd I use a mask from a company called Bruder - paid $15 at the eye doctor. I see them on Amazon for closer to $20. I didn't mention earlier, but you microwave these for 20 seconds (no longer) and wear for 10 minutes. I lay back and relax but it does have velcro. You would want to do this (or the washcloth) when you don't have anywhere to go right away as it blurs your vision for about 5-10 minutes due to your tear ducts opening up. 

I think the washcloth would work - but as the eye doc mentioned, it cools off rather fast and to make it work right, you would have to re-wet the cloth with warm water. If you Google "moist eye compress" it will show you how to do the washcloth method.

Honored Contributor

Until you find something use fresh cucumber slices on each eye.  Lay down and relax for 5 to 10 minutes.  Bobbi Brown uses caffeine in her eye cream and Origins uses Gingzing.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Place wet tea bags in the refridgerator. When they are chilled place them on your eyes,,,the caffeine and the cold will HELP reduce puffiness. Skip the $erum$ and cream$. Topicals do nothing for eye area sagging and bagging. I finally had my upper eyelids done last summer as they were sagging so badly I could not even wear eye make up any more. Results were wondeful. Good luck!

@ellaphant

I once read that if hooded eyes were interfering with your vision, you could have the surgery covered under medical insurance.  That it was not considered just cosmetic.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant

I once read that if hooded eyes were interfering with your vision, you could have the surgery covered under medical insurance.  That it was not considered just cosmetic.

Hyacinth

Hi Hyacinth,

You are correct. However mine were not obstructing my vision, so I paid out of pocket, My eyelids sagged terribly particularly in the inner corner area and I looked tired and strange! Impossible to wear make up. Results are fantatsic

Honored Contributor

I have been using

Clinique anti gravity eye cream for many years. It really has helped with all my lines, puffiness, dark undereyes.