Valued Contributor

I use the waterproof L'Oreal eye makeup remover.  It works well on waterproof mascara - no burning.  I also oil cleanse and follow up with baby shampoo.  High maintenance, I know, but it works for me.  I am absolutely unwilling to pay for Lancome.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye make-up remover...

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't like the new L'oreal. I used to use it years ago but they changed it. Lancome is nice. Now I just use micellar water, it's cheap, works great and doesn't burn plus it works on the whole face. 

@jaxs mom- I still have a supply of Skinn and Beekman wipes, but I'll use them in other situations.  I've come to prefer micellar water on a cotton pad too.  I've tried the Simple brand, which was fine, but I've recently purchased the Garnier and like it too.  I found a little travel size bottle the other day which will be great when DH and I go away next month.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday,

Lancome without hesitation🌻

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday For a product which is designed to be and sold as eye makeup remover in my opinion Lancome's Bi-Facil is the best.  The Body Shop's Camomile Eye Makeup Remover is a nice alternative, and if it's a factor, cost less.  

@JeanLouiseFinch @jaxs mom, Vichy a Miceller Oil Cleanser which completely changed my mind about micellar cleaning.  I had not been impressed with any micellar water I tried.  My face feels unclean using them and they were poor makeup removers for me.  I was hestiant that I wouldn't like micellar oil any better than the water, but me oh my, the Vichy oil is wonderful.  It removes every bit of makeup and there's no stinging or irritation to the eyes.  My face feels very clean after use. However, I follow up with a cream cleanser so that I can brush the Clarisonic across my face.  If I feel like skipping the Clarisonic my skin is still clean enough to proceed to night  moisturizing steps.  Vichy Micellar Oil is my current favorite morning cleanser.  I frequently use a mask or facial scrub in the morning, and cleasing them off with the oil renders an amazing feeling face.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't like the new L'oreal. I used to use it years ago but they changed it. Lancome is nice. Now I just use micellar water, it's cheap, works great and doesn't burn plus it works on the whole face. 

@jaxs mom- I still have a supply of Skinn and Beekman wipes, but I'll use them in other situations.  I've come to prefer micellar water on a cotton pad too.  I've tried the Simple brand, which was fine, but I've recently purchased the Garnier and like it too.  I found a little travel size bottle the other day which will be great when DH and I go away next month.  

@JeanLouiseFinch I'm using Garnier right now. I saved a travel size Lancome bottle that I'm going to use for trips. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I find that my cleansing oil takes off all of my makeup, including my eye makeup, which saves me a step. Then I wash my face with my foaming face wash.

@Texasmouse, Lancome's Bi Ficil burned my eyes. I've been using an oil cleanser followed by a milky cleanser and love both. No burning and excellent cleaning.

For reference: One Organics Love Vit B Enzyme Cleansing oil + Makeup Remover and Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@Nonametoday,

Lancome without hesitation🌻

LOL.  thank you.  I was afraid that would be the prognosis to my dilemma.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Nonametoday For a product which is designed to be and sold as eye makeup remover in my opinion Lancome's Bi-Facil is the best.  The Body Shop's Camomile Eye Makeup Remover is a nice alternative, and if it's a factor, cost less.  

@JeanLouiseFinch @jaxs mom, Vichy a Miceller Oil Cleanser which completely changed my mind about micellar cleaning.  I had not been impressed with any micellar water I tried.  My face feels unclean using them and they were poor makeup removers for me.  I was hestiant that I wouldn't like micellar oil any better than the water, but me oh my, the Vichy oil is wonderful.  It removes every bit of makeup and there's no stinging or irritation to the eyes.  My face feels very clean after use. However, I follow up with a cream cleanser so that I can brush the Clarisonic across my face.  If I feel like skipping the Clarisonic my skin is still clean enough to proceed to night  moisturizing steps.  Vichy Micellar Oil is my current favorite morning cleanser.  I frequently use a mask or facial scrub in the morning, and cleasing them off with the oil renders an amazing feeling face.  

Thanks, Ladies.  Many good choices. Yes, cost has always been a consideration but I have had so much trouble finding a replacement for Lancome.  I use their Absolue foundation and day cream, eyeliner and mascara.  I was hoping to get an eye makeup remover break.  Ha ha.  I guess we all want to find something less expensive.  My husband was hoping so too. .

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday Have you tried Almay Eye MakeUp Removal Pads or Almay Eye MakeUp Removal Liquid? 

The pads worked well for me but the liquid stung my eyes. It might not sting your eyes, but it’s worth a try for less expense than the Bi-Facil.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Nonametoday Have you tried Almay Eye MakeUp Removal Pads or Almay Eye MakeUp Removal Liquid? 

The pads worked well for me but the liquid stung my eyes. It might not sting your eyes, but it’s worth a try for less expense than the Bi-Facil.

Thank you, JJM.  I did.  It did make me have a sort of sting one time, the second time did not but it made me have blurry vision.  Although it says no oil, and I am sure there is none, I have issues from shingles in my eyes last year so I may have sensitivity to something in it.  Thank you.  I may be stuck.  My sweet little ophthalmologist suggested I use only water.  Little does he know water is not even in the race with eye makeup.