Honored Contributor

When I wore more eye make up back in the day, I used a lighter color under the brow.  I believe it was called highlighter and not eyeliner.

Use any light colored eye shadow.

Honored Contributor

I don't think this is anything new.

I've used a light color under the brow for years.I never knew it as an "eyeliner" which makes it seem like a dark liner,  but a light highlighter or shadow under the brow.

Anything that is lighter will emphasize that area and lift it up and out.

But nowadays I use a darker shadow under my brow and a lighter on the lid because this seems to help with you know aging lids!

(I did theater makeup in college😊)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell  Laura was referring to -- in making the eyes look bigger -- was to use the light colored (buff, not white) eyeliner in the inner rim of the undereye.

I know she also highlights under the brow. But anything light brings forward, and that part of the eye is already forward. But yes, it also "lifts" and/or "sculpts" the brow, and so many makeup people do this, too.

Honored Contributor

LG has always suggested to use her highlighters at the brow.

I have just about every color/type of highlighter she makes and use it there everyday.

Hers are just the best!

She also has said to wear them as shadow if you have very dark lids....her French Vanilla really brightens the lid (contouring the corners a bit)

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell   I like to use a fine liner brush with concealer to put a line very close, under the brows and blend it in. It's not obvious, but makes your brow stand out.

If you make the concealer too wide, it can make the area look puffy, so keep it narrow. I also do not use a shadow there with any shimmer because it can look too "done".

Try it and see what you think.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Franklinbell 

Often YT makeup artists will do what's called "carving" the brow.  They take a very small angled brush and use concealer to line just under the brow hairs for a more defined look.  I've never tried it.

@monicakm   If you have a nicely shaped brow to accentuate, you can place concealer in a fine line under and over the last third of the brow for lift.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

This is what YTers call "carving" out the brow.

Respected Contributor
Thank you everyone! I will try it! Stay tuned!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Eye liner under eyebrow

[ Edited ]

I don't use eye liner.  I do use brow powder and an angled brush to lightly definethe underneath of my brows-- maybe from the bottom of the arch to the tail.  Brows are so easily over done.  So you have to use a light touch-- like very light.

I use Wet n Wild eyebrow wax and powder kit.  It a tiney palette with two shades, wax, a dual ended spoolie/angled brush and little tweezers.  I never use the tweezers (I don't tweeze.  I use the flawless touch trimmer) but the other pieces are all very good.  I think I pay $7 at the drug store.  IMO- best brow set and I have tried many.  

ETA:  Sorry! misread your post.... yes a light eyeliner can work as a highlighter on your brow bone.  eye shadow, too.  

Respected Contributor

@justashopper @Thank you! I am going to work on this over the weekend. I need time when I'm trying something new!