Respected Contributor

Re: Eye lid wrinkle cream suggestions

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you have light to moderate droopy, wrinkled eye lids and you are not ready to go under the knife then check with your derm about a procedure using Thermage. It's a radio frequency device that tightens the skin around the eyes, either upper or lower and even both. It can be done in one treatment and there is no need for anaesthesia. There is no down time. Cost can very but usually starts around $1000.

A friend of mine had this done on her chin and neck area and said it was so painful, she has to stop the procedure! So I cannot imagine it on the eyes! And she is someone who does injections and lasers and peels all the time. Ouch!

Esteemed Contributor

I have had good results with either Dr.Denese Eye Fixer Upper for the upper eye and Dr,.Denese MD33Eye that can be used for the entire eye area or any section.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you have light to moderate droopy, wrinkled eye lids and you are not ready to go under the knife then check with your derm about a procedure using Thermage. It's a radio frequency device that tightens the skin around the eyes, either upper or lower and even both. It can be done in one treatment and there is no need for anaesthesia. There is no down time. Cost can very but usually starts around $1000.

A friend of mine had this done on her chin and neck area and said it was so painful, she has to stop the procedure! So I cannot imagine it on the eyes! And she is someone who does injections and lasers and peels all the time. Ouch!

@Grouchomarx 

Thermage treatments should not be painful like that. Also, most treatments are not recommended for the lower face. Maybe what your friend had done was with Ulthera which is different from Thermage. Utherapy uses ultrasound and many say it is painful. Ulthera treatments are usually done on the lower face and neck areas, and not around the eyes but above on the forehead for lifting the brows.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

Thermage treatments should not be painful like that. Also, most treatments are not recommended for the lower face. Maybe what your friend had done was with Ulthera which is different from Thermage. Utherapy uses ultrasound and many say it is painful. Ulthera treatments are usually done on the lower face and neck areas, and not around the eyes but above on the forehead for lifting the brows.

You are right! I mixed them up. It was the ultherapy she had done, not thermage. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mstress  You may want to try No 7 Laboratories Line Serum.   It's $41.99 and it is highly recommended.  It is strickly for wrinkles.  Sold at Target or wherever No 7 is sold.  Read the reviews.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@ellaphant  My Opthamologist said I need a lift.The drooping is creating problems. She also said my insurace would cover it.Do you mind sharing your experience. She said her mom looked 10 years younger. Did it take long to heal?

Respected Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@ellaphant  My Opthamologist said I need a lift.The drooping is creating problems. She also said my insurace would cover it.Do you mind sharing your experience. She said her mom looked 10 years younger. Did it take long to heal?

I’m not OnefineDay but I had the surgery 10 years ago paid by my insurance.  Easiest surgery ever.  Had to use ice packs and had a little discoloration but best thing I have ever done. You won’t regret it. 

Honored Contributor

After much trial and error, I have dispensed with eye creams.  I'm in a couple sample subscriptions, so I've had plenty to try.  After a few days to a week, the ol' eyelids start wrinkling.  Now I just stick to my regular skin care on my eyelids and my neck, Ole Henrikson Truth Serum and Philosophy Miracle Worker.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

My eyelid wrinkles (which looked like paper cuts in a magnifying mirror) turned out to be Lichen Planus.

Just sayin’

Isomers is great in my book though!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

curious.  Did they put you under general anesthesia or what kind of anesthesia "twilight" also, did a plastic surgeon do the surgery or ophthalmologist?  Thanks

The procedure was done by a plastic surgeon, in her office. They use numbing cream all over the face and eye area, when that takes effect the surgeon does numbing injections around the eye area. You only feel a tiny pinch. I was fully awake, never flet a thing. No pain at all during recovery. Results are natural, no more sagging or wrinkles. Fabulous!