Valued Contributor

Has anyone had success (outside of procedures) in improving eye hollows?  Not darkness, but the hollows that are often seen as early as the late 30's.  

It's where the fat pads drop below, I believe, to give the hollowed appearance.

I have heard of things like the Face Master (or something similar) helping; but, I wasn't sure if true.

Thanks for any input.

Honored Contributor

The facemaster has worked for me.  I still do have some hollowing but with some concealer not really noticeable at all.  

Frequent Contributor

Retin A just under the hollow has significantly increased the appearance of my hollows.  Retin A improves cell turnover and that area under the eye has an increased fullness whichhas significantly deminished the hollow.  I also use a lighter concealer just under the hollow to help bring this area out more and reduce any shadow from the hollow.  Illusion is all we can do outside of injectable fillers.  I for one, cannot afford that type of intervention.  Try the retin A.  It took about 5 months of consistent use to see real improvement.  Best wishes!

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 I have this issue too.  Will be interested to see everyone's responses.  Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye hollows ?

[ Edited ]

I do the 'eye-squeeze' exercise everyday...about 50 reps daily. Also the 'lower lid lift' exercise is a good one to do as well.

Check out livestrong dot com ... an article titled:

"Exercises to Get Rid of Under Eye Hollows"

Respected Contributor

If you only use the Facemaster just for under the eyes , it is worth it. I don't get the " Are you tired question , which irritates me greatly. 3 to 4 minutes is all it takes.

Valued Contributor

Re: Eye hollows ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the helpful replies!  They were all encouraging to hear.  (hopefully to you too, @JudyL)

I had not heard of the Retin A or the livestrong website recommendations, @mommaslp and @SilleeMee.  Good to know.  

With the Face Master, @Pook and @MW in Iowa, do you have much "retinal flashing" that is talked about?  (when you're operating it)   That has always scared me off of it.  I only tried it once.  Do you notice much of that?  Do you do the FaceMaster daily to keep up the results?

Honored Contributor

I also have this problem and I think it's something that I had when I was younger but was very subtle.  Now that I'm in my early sixties it's more pronounced and sometimes drives me crazy!  I hate those deep under eye hollows.  The are different than under eye dark circles which is what I see addressed all the time when trying to find a solution.

I've considered getting fillers and though they are very common I'm a bit afraid to have it done...it could turn out great or what if it looks bad or worse?!  Then there is the issue of protecting your eyesight and I wonder if one's vision could be damaged from it.

So I've tried tons of different ways of applying concealer and it just seems to emphasize the problem.

I haven't tried Retin A which I will try or some of the other suggestions here....thanks for starting this thread!

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23  I started with the lowest setting and had very little retinal flashing and now hardly notice anything.  I usually use it daily with extra time under my eyes.  It's FDA cleared and my eye doctor said no harm from using it.  I have used it for well over 10 years now.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, @Pook!!  That is so good to hear.  I really appreciate the information.

And, I'm really glad you're liking it and getting results.  (You're encouraging me to try it again!)

Many thanks!