Contributor

My eye lids are starting to get crepy and they seem to have some extra skin or swelling that is starting to cause a "hooded" effect on my eyelid. Can anyone recommend a good moisturizing and tightening cream?  I don't mind paying a bit more for it if it works. I hate to spend a lot testing them out though!

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye cream recommendations

If you really want to target the eye area, I'd recommend a serum and a cream. Serum first then cream. The serum is to anti-age and correct. The cream is to soften lines without irritating your eyes. Some face creams can be used on the eye area without irritation, but not all.

The best serum I'd recommend right now is Isomers' "All-In-One Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula." It has all the best ingredients. You can get it from Evine or Isomers' website.

A good eye cream is Skin Actives' Bright I cream. But any decent eye cream would probably work well. The key is to use a quality serum first so you get the treatment actives. You can get the Bright I cream from Skin Actives' website.

And for puffiness/swelling, if you haven't tried it already, it can help to elevate your head when you sleep. I have to do that. HTH!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

@StacyCrane --- I'm really loving the ELEMIS line.   The "Q" has some of the line's eye creams --- but you seem to be looking for education.  If so, try Elemis dot com, then click on the drop down for "skincare," then the drop down for "eyes."   About half way down that page is an informative article by Elemis on "which eye product is right for you."   I think that will answer any questions you have, and point you in the right direction.

I was in Nordies about a year ago and was convinced that a very expensive line was the "be all and end all."   After spending a sufficient sum to support a small country, I realized that it was hoopla.   I happened to catch Emer with Alberti one day last May and she was describing the Elemis line.  I can really assure you that in the 3+ months I've been using Elemis my face/throat/eyes have responded better than I ever thought possible.

No sales pitch here; just my two cents. 

Honored Contributor

Extra eye Repair cream by Bobbi Brown.  Reviews are excellent.  It's costly but still under $75.  Read the reviews on the website.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@StacyCrane wrote:

My eye lids are starting to get crepy and they seem to have some extra skin or swelling that is starting to cause a "hooded" effect on my eyelid. Can anyone recommend a good moisturizing and tightening cream?  I don't mind paying a bit more for it if it works. I hate to spend a lot testing them out though!

I am loving the Dr Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion. I have definitely noticed improvements in my eyelids and skin around the eye area.

Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

If you really want to target the eye area, I'd recommend a serum and a cream. Serum first then cream. The serum is to anti-age and correct. The cream is to soften lines without irritating your eyes. Some face creams can be used on the eye area without irritation, but not all.

The best serum I'd recommend right now is Isomers' "All-In-One Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula." It has all the best ingredients. You can get it from Evine or Isomers' website.

A good eye cream is Skin Actives' Bright I cream. But any decent eye cream would probably work well. The key is to use a quality serum first so you get the treatment actives. You can get the Bright I cream from Skin Actives' website.

And for puffiness/swelling, if you haven't tried it already, it can help to elevate your head when you sleep. I have to do that. HTH!

@Porcelain

iTA about the AIO Mesmer-Eyez !

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I've always used an eye cream. I stay away from serums though, way too sticky!! Ick. My favorite brand is Clinique All About Eyes Rich. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have crepey eyelids but do have puffiness under my eyes and NOTHING but going to a plastic surgeon, will do anything to get rid of that. That is a fact!!! No creams or serums or super duper ingredients, will get rid of any of those eye problems---that is coming from a plastic surgeon I went too. Sorry but its true!! And I have a whole basket full of tons of eye products that are worthless, in all price points. Prob spent enough on those for part of the cost of the surgery. Will be using them up as moisturizer for my body or face!!!

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl - yup - that's my problem too. The undereyes. I have tons of eye creams. Some work better than others for me though. I find if I use heavy creams, I get more puffiness. I had found one that I loved but now it is no longer available and I will not spend the money for a .5 oz ... my mom just ordered me the Perricone TSV which I will try for the eye. The other 2 products I've used in the past and they're fine. I don't really have any wrinkles or crinkles thankfully.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Extra eye Repair cream by Bobbi Brown.  Reviews are excellent.  It's costly but still under $75.  Read the reviews on the website.

@Katcat1  ITA, but use that one at night. It's a little too oily on me for day & liner/mascara runs. For day, I like Skinsceuticals Eye Balm or BB's Hydrating Eye Cream.