Contributor

Eye cream or serum for dark hollow eyes

Has anyone found a good eye cream or serum to address the hollowing that happens in the eye area? I am considering trying Isomers redensify eye serum, but would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye cream or serum for dark hollow eyes

I firmly believe that if you really have a problem with darkness from hollowing out, there is nothing topical, other than trying to conceal it, that will reduce or eliminate them. I think that there might be procedures that could help, but not any cream or serum. Sorry. :-(

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was born with deep-set, hollow eyes.    If there was a serum for this......I surely would have found it by now.     Best cosmetic fix -- a dot of very pale (even pearl or metallic) eyeshadow dead center above your upper lashes.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Try using Armani Master Corrector in orange before you use a really good concealer. It will make the darkness disappear.

Respected Contributor

I used to love all Isomers products, but lately I find them to be ineffective! I agree, most topical help will come in form of makeup! I used to have such dark circles people thought I was being abused! I tried everything as well! Then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and began sleeping with a Cpap every night! That helped tremendously! Within weeks I saw improvement! My suggestion is to keep trying to find one! But, also make sure to eat a well balanced diet and try to get plenty of calm, restful sleep! Use lavender and hot baths before bedtime to help with sleep. If you have difficulty eating a balanced diet, ask your doctor to recommend a multi vitamin! Oh, if you do find one, please share with us!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Mac PREP AND PRIME...very nice cream that comes in a twist up tube with attached tiny brush. It come in a few shades. I use one that has a slight pink tint. I'm very fair. Very natural looking and moist.. Consult Beaute has a nice eye cream also slight pink tint. Very hydrating. Supposed to help with dark hollows
Valued Contributor

@Mitchell, I'm in the same boat.  Eye creams may help a bit (I use isomers all in one eye, mesmereyz and Redensify eye) but fillers are the only thing that will really make a noticeable difference.  I've also tried the tria laser and nuface.  Also, after correcting my circles with a pink toned corrector, I tap a bit of illuminating product directly on the under eye "ridge" to visually bring the sunken area forward.   It all helps, but I think I'll try fillers over the holidays...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mitchell  You want to look for a product that contains Haloxyl, to lighten the darkened area around your eyes.  Haloxyl is an ingredient comprised of several other ingredients (water, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7), made by Sederma.  According to an article I read, it should be included at a minimum 2% concentration. I'd recommend you try Skinn Hylighten to address your concern.  It has a concentration of 10%.  Dimitri James, owner and creator of Skinn Cosmetics, made the product for a niece of his and it worked for her.  Keep in mind, nothing happens overnight.  You need to be consistent and results may take time.  Hang in there.