Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin care

I'd rather go by how my own skin reacts and behaves to certain products, than read someone else's opinion telling me - it ain't so. Besides, she is not the only expert on Earth, though some do believe she is.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No she is isn't the only expert but it also isn't an opinion that they contain nothing different, it is a fact. I have yet to see any type of scientific research that shows we do need eye cream or that eye creams do something different than a face cream because there isn't any. If one has a great formulated face cream there is no need for an eye cream because they aren't doing anything different. The dermatologist I work for along with the plastic surgeon tell their patients the same thing, a well formulated face cream is all one needs. Eye creams contain less and charge more and I have seen many eye creams that contain identical ingredient in the identical order of ingredients  to their coordinated face creams. Many eye creams are also still housed in a jar which doesn't protect the efficacy of many of their ingredients

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol! True, @Irshgrl31201! I am not aware of a research on a subject, nor do I think they gonna conduct one anytime soon. Smiley Happy To this day, there are only opinions and nothing else.

And what's worse - a lot of so called "Eye Creams" are really not up to par, and in fact are only a gimmick to make us buy/use an extra product.

But, without claiming to be an expert of any kind, I can clearly see - my own skin around the eyes is not the same as skin on my chin, nose or cheecks. It's more delicate and more sensitive, and it deserves a little TLC in my book!

For me this means using a good eye serum, and also MesmerEyez eye formula product, which is more like a serum, I guess. Just works for me treating my eyes differently than the rest of my face. But to each her own and according to her belief, of course.

I won't wait for a special research to prove or disprove this, my own skin tells and shows me the things I need to know.

Frequent Contributor

I use a separate eye cream because I have congestion prone skin and use products with BHA. Don't want to put that under my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use an eye cream and never have.  i wash my entire face with the smae product a facial coap and water.  Good genes and bone structure along with nutrient dense diet can take someone a long way. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Some facial creams work for my eyes- but for the most part eye creams have gentler ingredients. Also a different level of moisturizing since the skin  around the eyes is different than the rest of the face.

A post mentioned neck creams not being different- not imho. Neck creams deal with crepey skin issues as well as moisturizing.  If you don't have neck issues- any face cream is okay. But if there are creases, crepiness, etc a true neck product is better. Neck creams saved my neck - I went on a health kick a year or two ago.  I lost around 80 lbs and my chin, neck and decollete look great - I carried so much excess weight in my face and neck too.  I used neck creams daily before, during - and now!

Ibb38 which neck products do you use?