Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin care

[ Edited ]

Some facial creams work for my eyes- but for the most part eye creams have gentler ingredients. Also a different level of moisturizing since the skin  around the eyes is different than the rest of the face.

A post mentioned neck creams not being different- not imho. Neck creams deal with crepey skin issues as well as moisturizing.  If you don't have neck issues- any face cream is okay. But if there are creases, crepiness, etc a true neck product is better. Neck creams saved my neck - I went on a health kick a year or two ago.  I lost around 80 lbs and my chin, neck and decollete look great - I carried so much excess weight in my face and neck too.  I used neck creams daily before, during - and now!

Respected Contributor

Not sure about skin around the eyes, but the skin on my neck is different.  I used a chemical exfoliator that made  my neck itch and sting, but did not bother my face at all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Mellie32@KentuckyWoman

I said on this very board a few months back that I didn't believe anything actually changed the aging process except retinA. 

I eat my words... started using Isomers and it WORKS! 

I am just thrilled beyond belief!

It is VERY targeted if you have problem areas.

my eyelids suffered damage (dermatitis) from eye shadow sticks and this has fixed it.

One of the products has started lightening my dark spots.

@LTT1

Isomers rocks! Happy for your discovery.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I fell in love with the RTC Hyaluronic 1000 Tubr of Gold Eye Ointment. The ointment vs Cream seems to work for me. I have always had puffy eyes, not bags but puffy and I started using this last year. It has removed my puffiness under the eyes above my cheekbones and greatly diminished by crows feet. I only use it at night though. I know there will be some that wouldn't consider this product though because it has petroleum in the ointment. The tube lasts forever and you only need a small amount.

I wish I could do something about my eyelids but nothing will help them. I inherited these eyelids...I have extra skin on my eyelids:-( I don't even bother with trying....
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

MAke up,artist Wayne Goss thinks eye cream is a huge waste of money and just another way for the cosmetic companies to,get their hands on our money.  HE says all that hype about "the delicate skin around your eyes" is nothing but hype.  HE says your face moisturizing cream is just as good and no eye cream is needed.

Of course Wayne Goss can have an opinion on this or that, who does not and why not?

Whether eye creams do, or do not have any merit, Wayne Goss is only a make up artist and that's where his expertise ends.

He is saying, that cosmetic companies only want to get their hands on our money? Okay.

Make up brushes Wayne sells cost a lot of money - like $170 for two brushes.

This make up artist is not much of a philanthropist either, and he values his own products rather high. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I now only use eye gels... no more creams.  I find that they hydrate and do not cause the puffiness that creams can cause or  the little white bumps that creams can cause.  I top  the eye gel  with a concentrated no water added eye balm that is very moisturizing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @SeaMaiden. Creams and even most of eye creams too can cause those little bumps for many on delicate eye area. Millia I think it's called, or something like that. Not to mention puffiness, that undeniably will lead to stretching of skin, that will speed up wrinkle forming. I use Isomers Mesmeryze Eye formula. They don't even call it a cream - it's so light. It works great, but I still use it lightly - don't want to add any extra weight to the eyelids.
Honored Contributor

Whether it's Wayne Goss or anyone else, this is an issue that is not fact-based. Each to his own.

Until I see scientific data and medical support for for one side or the other, I make the decision for myself. I do not use a separate eye cream or neck cream.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I love Isomer products and have used just about every eye cream/ serum they make. The eye serum that works best for my 66 year old eyes is the All-in-One Mesmer- Eyes Tightening Eye Formula. It does what it claims for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, you may think an eye cream is different but in fact it is not.

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/expert-advice/eye-creams-do-you-need-one.html

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK