Honored Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin care

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee

@kimbobimbo

@KentuckyWoman

@Shelbelle

The specific product recommended to me by the company (I called them) is Stem Genesis Plasma 200.

And it is thicker a bit than a serum.

In the palm of my hand, I blend this

1) Stem Genesis plasma -- it de-puffs too

2) H Pur (like a sponge holds moisture)

3) Eye Veil Glutathiosome (this is getting rid of lines above eyes)

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think it's all Marketing 101. I've yet to hear just exactly which ingredients should be used only for eyes (or neck, for that matter).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

@sonechko

I looked the ingredients up!

Glutathiosome stops the "cross-branching" which is what a wrinkle or crease is.

It is this ingredient also which "dissolves" the hyper-pigmentation of freckles or liver spots or melasma for me.

Since putting this on the back of my hand, there was a dark spot that is now almost completely gone... the darker shadow of melasma on the side of my face is slowly disappearing.

one and 1/2 weeks of use.

And nothing burns my eyes.

The white shadow sticks (high end) gave my lids above the innermost corner of my eyes  contact dermatitis. Hydrocortisone cream did nothing. This stuff worked immediately and looks almost normal after 4 days of being consistent.

Guessing the delivery system may determine effectiveness. (?)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I've used many products over the years including) Perricone (that one I could feel the firmness undoubtably) to Isomers (maybe the years I used it kept the wrinkles at bay?) to NCN (still use vit. c).

But my *go to* all over face cream is actually a little tiny pot of eye cream (Suzanne Organics).  Supposedly it helps with fat bags and under eye circles which I don't have. 

I just love how it makes my skin look and feel hand down including their other face moisturizers and serums.

The pot is the size of a Bare Minerals eye shadow, somehow it lasts, I buy about 4-6 pots at a time.  Won't be without.

So maybe eye creams don't work for some, but my eye cream works for *all* (over!).

Valued Contributor

For me it's a waste of money and an extra step I don't need. I've tried a few in the past only because companies insist you need a separate cream for the eyes but my moisturizer works well. I use Dr. Denese Hydroshield serum and Dream Cream and it keeps my eye area moist and plump. On occasion if I need something more because of the climate (I live in the desert) I'll pat the area with a facial oil.

Honored Contributor

I stopped buying eye creams years ago.  Eye cream is just another product that the skincare industry created to fool women into thinking they defintely need it.     Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think it's all Marketing 101. I've yet to hear just exactly which ingredients should be used only for eyes (or neck, for that matter).

It's not ONLY about the ingredients, @suzyQ3.

It has a lot to do with DELIVERY system. Topical product's ingredients should be able to PENETRATE into eye area skin, actually getting the ingredients in, and not sit on top only.

For eye cream it is also very important not to be counter-productive and NOT cause additional heaviness, puffiness, and not weight skin down more, thus stretching it out! Eye area has very thin and gentle skin, that is also more sensitive.

There is another aspect to be considered - eye cream should not irritate our eyes, in case the product gets into eyes......

In another words - Eye Cream should be a separate product with correct for the eye area skin ingredients and delivery system into thinner more sensitive pore-less eye areas skin. AND - without eye-irritating or potentially eye-harmful ingredients.

Though, I do use my good face creams close to an eye area also, but not very close and not specifically as eye cream. I do use/alternate couple of great eye serums, which I think is a must, and I do apply very light and effective eye cream, that looks and feels like something in between serum and light cream. I apply it also lightly - I do not want to add extra heaviness and weight to a skin around my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin carers

[ Edited ]

p.s. Just for those eye cream "nay" sayers above - NOT all eye creams created equally, and maybe a reason you gave up on eye cream thinking it is only a scam is correct - the creams you've used probably DO NOT deliver on their promise.

One has to look for a company with integrity. While there is no "miracle" product created as of yet, still there are handful of companies trying really-really hard doing their best, incorporating knowledge and science available today. And their products doing the job quite well actually!

Honored Contributor

What are you all expecting to happen to your eye area anyway?? Creams don't actually aren't supposed to perform miracles. I use only Clinique products and always use Clinique's All About Eyes cream. Eye cream is a must for me because other body creams make my eyes itch. I use cream to keep my eye area moisturized, that's it. I just love to feel nice and hydrated. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin careact

Smiley Happy I actually do expect more. Not the miracles though.