Respected Contributor

Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin care

What do you all think?  Does eye cream really do anything different than regular face skin care?

Respected Contributor

Re: Eye cream does nothing different than just regular face skin care

I am using an eye cream right now by Clinique.  I have used it for a couple of years and as soon as I reach the bottom of the jar, I'm done.  I don't thing any eye cream works any better than my regular skin care products.  I've tried at least a dozen different brands and honestly see no difference.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the same cream/lotion everywhere.  Nothing special.  I have used them but really I could not tell and plus they are extraordinarily pricey.  Thin skin wrinkles.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

If eye cream was superior, wouldn't you use it on your whole face? And your eyes are skin, like the rest of your face. It's not like your eyes are made of leather and your face is made of chrome and you need to treat them differently 

Honored Contributor

Some eye creams and gels and serums are specially formulated to work specifically on eye issues, like puffiness, and dark circles unlike face creams.

Super Contributor

I, too, am using Clinique smart serum for eyes and it does nothing. I will not purchase again when I finish what I have.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32@KentuckyWoman

I said on this very board a few months back that I didn't believe anything actually changed the aging process except retinA. 

I eat my words... started using Isomers and it WORKS! 

I am just thrilled beyond belief!

It is VERY targeted if you have problem areas.

my eyelids suffered damage (dermatitis) from eye shadow sticks and this has fixed it.

One of the products has started lightening my dark spots.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

No, but usually it's more gentle than the regular face creams. I got a jar of Perricone's Cold Plasma Eye cream in a tsv and I use it on my face, not around my eyes. I haven't found a better eye cream (or face cream) than Keys Luminos (or Keys eye butter in the winter) and Josie Maran's Argan oil. The really expensive ones seems to do nothing special for the $$

Honored Contributor

No, it does not do anything different than a regular cream. In fact, for me anyway, some eye creams make my eyes burn or water because I think they are travelling downward into my eyes. Not good for me and I don't use them for this very reason. Furthermore, some eye creams cause my eye makeup to move around...uuggg.

Frequent Contributor

Lovestoteach,

May I ask what you are using from Isomers?