Super Contributor

Eye Shadows...mulitples or single

I've always been a single palette eyeshadow purchaser.  Now is almost impossible to find single palettes.  I figure when you buy the ones that have multiple shadows in one big box they are eventually all going to get messed up...and most of the colors you won't use anyway so you're losing your money while the cosmetic company is make it money.  They are expensive!!! I like single palettes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Shadows...mulitples or single

[ Edited ]

I buy singles and not palettes.

Respected Contributor

@plmokn   I have to wear two very different colors because my eyes are deep set.  After applying a light shadow base all around my eyes,  I wear a pinkish or orangish color in the upper area and a pale green on the actual eyelid.  The area around my eyes is so dark that if I wore the same color all over it, I'd look like I was dead!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I tend to buy eyeshadows that come in a grouping of four colors only.  When I buy anything with more colors, such as a big palette of eye shadows, I find that too many of the colors are not complimentary to my skin tone, and I will not wear them.

Trusted Contributor

I believe many companies still make single eyeshadows.......Color Pop, Nyx, Nars, Stila, Maybelline,TheBalm, Mac and Ulta's own brand to name just a few. 

Honored Contributor

I bought one pallette of shadows on sale for $10 so I could not pass it up.  I used some of the colors and the colors do NOT run into each other.  However, I prefer buying single because I usually wear the same colors.  Honestly, I rarely wear eye shadow now.  When I do, it usually a light beige color to lighten up the eye.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

I believe many companies still make single eyeshadows.......Color Pop, Nyx, Nars, Stila, Maybelline,TheBalm, Mac and Ulta's own brand to name just a few. 

Add to that list L’Oreal, Lancôme & Urban Decay.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

My go to "match everything" (my color is in my clothes) is Revlon "Siren".  There are a few other sets that have my taupe, and I buy them if mine is sold out.  I get a lot of complements on my eye makeup.

I use the lower left on the inside of the lid and the top right on the outer eyelid. I use a slight pink pearl as a tear duct highlighter and under the brow.  I think that white is too stark. 

Image result for revlon siren eyeshadow

Respected Contributor

@plmokn   if you try walgreeens, ulta, sephora, any of the drugstores, they all have the single color shadows.

Honored Contributor

I use Clinique Chubby Stick eyeshadows. They’re like chubby crayons. I love them. They’re so easy to use. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?