Honored Contributor

@tansy,

My favorite that I've used is Adrienne's coconut meltdown. It doesn't hurt your eyes and takes off everything.

I just don't like to have to keep ordering it.

Now I use vaseline-always works esp hard to remove waterproof.

Or baby shampoo.

I don't wear makeup often now like so many but when you do it is nice to have something that works and is gentle and doesn't cost a ton.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay Actually I have some Vaseline that I recently bought for my rough heels.  Isn't it hard to get rid of the 'oily' feeling though?  

Honored Contributor

@tansy,

No, I think it wipes off pretty well and is not like an oil that stays. You could always use some nice witch hazel or a baby wipe afterward if you want.

I never feel like ick I have vaseline on, it just feels soft and clean like someone else said.

Anyway you can try and see what you think. I don't like the smell that much but I don't spend a long time using it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay I will give the Vaseline a try tonight.  😊  I am definitely giving the micellelar water a go, too.

I am making a note of everyone's suggestions.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

I used baby oil for decades.  I use Tatcha Oil Cleanser now but I don't think it does any better.  You can use it all over the face tho and I wouldn't  baby oil.

Honored Contributor

I only use the "washable" kind...NOT waterproof

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Physician's Formula Coconut Milk Eye Makeup Remover. It's easy to over look this, it's in a small bottle. I've tried it, and it works

Coconut-Milk-Eye-Makeup-Remover-Physicians-Formula.jpg

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

Re: Eye Makeup Removal

[ Edited ]

BLISS (makeup melt) oil-free makeup remover wipes. I buy them at Target. They are inexpensive and contain good ingredients, like chamomile and aloe.

FYI, BLISS products are CRUELTY FREE!!!

Honored Contributor

I use my normal facial cleanser, whatever it may be at the time, I am always switching. For anything that may be left behind under my eyes, I use Almay Oil Free Eye Makeup removal pads, work great. 

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. I take a little between my forefingers and massage on eyelashes for maybe ten seconds or so. Then I take a warm, wet Campanelli cloth that I bought here on QVC and wipe my eyes including even the inner rims. Rinse the cloth a little and wipe one more time. Then I wash my face makeup off using different cleansers I have, primarily Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. I tried using it to remove my eye makeup but it actually burns my eyes. The Clinique Balm can obviously be used to cleanse your entire face, too, but I just save it to use on my eyes. 

Color: 01910878_zi

I have started doing this exact same routine and it works wonderfully; this balm is very very nice.  I wash with the campanelli face cloth and some extra gentle foaming clinique facial soap in a pump.  

Micellar water by Garnier is great too.  Very gentle but takes a bit more work than the balm/soap/facecloth.