Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple never failed me and never irritates my eyes.

Wow. I posted before seeing yours...it's never worked in lieu of actual eye makeup remover added to my process for me. Don't know why, no matter how I scrub with it, I still need my makeup remover to fully remove the mascara.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Makeup Removal

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all of the responses.  I used to use Philosophy's Purity but stopped for some reason.  

Any particular brand of the micellular water?  

Honored Contributor

@amyb, I have a bottle of L'Oreal's remover and it doesn't do much for me.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@tansy   I start with a facial wipe and then wash my face with facial wash.  Years ago I used Vaseline which moistens everything and removes it all.  Keep your eyes closed, apply it on one eye, wipe off really good and then take a wipe or wet cloth to remove it all.  I never had any problems with using the Vaseline.  I don't wear much eye makeup today compare to when I was younger.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses.  I used to use Philosophy's Purity but stopped for some reason.  

Any particular brand of the micellular water?  

@tansy 

I like Garnier. They make a few different formulations. I use their regular "All-in-1". They also have that in a "For Waterproof Makeup", too.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water with Vitamin C, 13.5 OZ (NEW  LOWER PRICE) - CVS Pharmacy

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

I use a cleansing oil to remove my make-up, eye make-up included.  It is completely removed.  I then follow-up with my cleansing lotion or balm to cleanse my skin.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Eye Makeup Removal

[ Edited ]

I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. I take a little between my forefingers and massage on eyelashes for maybe ten seconds or so. Then I take a warm, wet Campanelli cloth that I bought here on QVC and wipe my eyes including even the inner rims. Rinse the cloth a little and wipe one more time. Then I wash my face makeup off using different cleansers I have, primarily Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. I tried using it to remove my eye makeup but it actually burns my eyes. The Clinique Balm can obviously be used to cleanse your entire face, too, but I just save it to use on my eyes. 

Color: 01910878_zi

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@tansy 

I use a cleansing oil to remove my make-up, eye make-up included.  It is completely removed.  I then follow-up with my cleansing lotion or balm to cleanse my skin.

What's the brand of the cleansing oil?

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I personally use WEN treatment oils to remove my make-up; however, many skin care brands have cleaning oils.  Another good one to try is Paula's Choice or Peter Thomas Roth.

Paula's Choice is on sale right now, too (25% off)!

57C39DFA-4C44-4498-AAC0-3913A77F4FA9.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Another vote for micellar  water.   It's amazing and you eliminate the need for baby oil (which clouds my vision) or anything else.