Honored Contributor

I am having trouble getting my eye makeup removed completely.  What product and/or technique do you use?

Honored Contributor

@tansy   I have used baby oil for years, and I wear waterproof mascara.

Respected Contributor

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple never failed me and never irritates my eyes.

Honored Contributor

I use Philosophy Purity in the shower. it takes all makeup off, as well as my waterproof eyeliner.

Respected Contributor

Re: Eye Makeup Removal

[ Edited ]

I, too, have been using baby oil for man years. Just this year I have added micellar water after the baby oil.  It helps clear my vision quicker than waiting for the oil to dissipate.  

ETA. I use waterproof mascara as well. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Valued Contributor

I have been using Avon's eye makeup remover for years and when I don't have it I use Pond's cold cream as a backup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use micellar water on a cotton round. Just saturate the round with the micellar water, hold it up to your closed eye for a few seconds and then wipe away your makeup. It works on waterproof mascara, too....and also waterproof sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have consistently used Banilla Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm for a long time.  It's a really great product.  Recently, since I was at the bottom of the jar, I decided to finally give Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil a try, and I really like it quite a bit.  I do a double cleanse at night, first with the Palmer's, to remove makeup, and then with Vanicream cleanser for sensitive skin for actual cleansing. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use micellar water on a cotton round. Just saturate the round with the micellar water, hold it up to your closed eye for a few seconds and then wipe away your makeup. It works on waterproof mascara, too....and also waterproof sunscreen.

@SilleeMee   I agree w/ the micellar water to remove eye makeup and surface makeup. It really takes a second cleanse to remove sunscreen...either an oil cleanser and also Vanicream works well because it emulsifies and makes a small amount of suds.

I tested the micellar water on spf by wearing a tinted spf. After the 1st cleanse with cotton pad, my white wash cloth with the 2nd cleanse had the light brown tint from the spf on it that was remaining on my skin. 

Oh, Happy New Year!!! 

Respected Contributor

So, first...I've used Philosophy Purity Made Simple as my face wash for over a decade...I like it still as it's always been gentle and non-drying for me. But I hate when they keep saying on air how there's "no need for makeup revmover" when washing with it, as they show all the makeup coming off the model. I've scrubbed, used a wash cloth, just as they do on air...I get out of the shower and still there's black mascara under my eyes. It's never worked as a makeup remover for me.

I've used many different makeup removers over the years, all work fine, Clarins, Clinique and most recently I just buy a Loreal one at CVS. I also use the Neutrogena makeup wipes...they take a lot of it off. I don't need both. I mostly use those wipes when I get in bed late, and just don't want to wake up by washing up at that point, I wipe with those...all the makeup comes off my face and eyes with those too.