Respected Contributor

After a couple of years, I finally did it.  Had an eye lash tint and lift.  I'm not overly excited with it.  I thought I would see more of a difference.  My lashes are so light and short, can barely see them.  I guess I would need false lashes but I don't want the upkeep.  Honestly, I don't see much difference between getting it professionally done compared to using the Just For Men Beard dye I did myself.  Except there is a SLIGHT more lift to my lashes.  The tint itself is pretty equal.  

Honored Contributor

That's too bad. I was thinking about having this done but I think I'll stick with my at home tint kit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Lash Tint and Lift

[ Edited ]

My lashes are very dark brown, almost black. But they're stick-straight and look like little awnings over my eyes...LOL!  (thanks mom!) A lash lift would definitely be good for my lashes. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

That's too bad. I was thinking about having this done but I think I'll stick with my at home tint kit.

I'm going to stick to doing it myself.  What home tint kit do you use?

Honored Contributor

I@ScrapHappy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use the Godefroy eyebrow tint. It doesn't say it's specifically for eyelashes but I use it for both.  I might try Just for Men though to see how I like it and see how it compares.  What do you think of it? 

Respected Contributor

Whoever is thinking of getting this done professionally, make sure you go to someone reputable who has lots of experience. The first time I had it done, it turned out fine, but the second time turned me off ever doing it again. The "lift" was really a tight curl where the lashes curled back on themselves. I had to go back to have the curl "relaxed" (like they'd do with a too-tight perm). Having had two processes back to back, my eyelashes were "fried". I spent the next two months brushing castor oil through them, just to bring them back to normal. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Lash Tint and Lift

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy   Whoa, not sure the beard dye is meant for lashes. Be careful. I know I need to remove it only 5 minutes after appliying it to brows.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I@ScrapHappy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use the Godefroy eyebrow tint. It doesn't say it's specifically for eyelashes but I use it for both.  I might try Just for Men though to see how I like it and see how it compares.  What do you think of it? 

I learned about Just for Men beard dye for eyeylash and eyebrow tinting on you tube.  I've done both.  I've used it many times on my brows and I like how it comes out.  I've only did it once to my lashes.  It does burn some.  That bothered me.  When I had it done today, it burned very little.  But, as far as the color results, I think Just For Men came out a bit ahead.  I paid $128 for the tint and lift, and I just don't think it was worth it.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ScrapHappy   Whoa, not sure the beard dye is meant for lashes. Be careful. I know I need to remove it only 5 minutes after appliying it to brows.

I know.  I learned about this on YouTube.  I like how my brows come out.  Doing the lashes was a bit difficult for me.  That's one reason I gave the professional a try.  But all in all, the tint from Just For Men came out a bit better.  Didn't get much of a lift, but it's better than what I had.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I did some research.  Not going to use Just For Men beard dye on my eye lashes anymore.  It's about the amount of peroxide.