Honored Contributor

I was under the impression that there are two different types of undereye bags: One is due to fluid retention but the other is actual fat pads. The former will be reduced when the fluid is lessened, but the fat pads type would likely need surgery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Christian57wrote:

I would like some recommendations for a really good eye cream for my husband. He has developed bags under his eyes. Thank you for your time!! Have a Blessed Day!

@Christian57  My dh uses my Skinceuticals Eye Balm. It has no fragrance.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

I was under the impression that there are two different types of undereye bags: One is due to fluid retention but the other is actual fat pads. The former will be reduced when the fluid is lessened, but the fat pads type would likely need surgery.

Fluid or fat, topicals will not get rid of them. Less salt and cold compresses can help but will not make them go away. Google under eye bag surgery,,,,you will see results that no beauty product can do. A friend of mine had the procedure. Results were fabulous.

Super Contributor

Save your money. There are NO creams, serums, etc. that will get rid of undereye bags. Only plastic surgery will solve the problem. I had the surgery done several years ago, and the results are amazing. They haven't and won't come back.

New Contributor

I want to Thank each one of you all for your input and taking the time to reply. It is not an option for my husband to have the surgery, and, knowing how my husband is, he would not even consider this! HaHaHaHa! From some comments about it could be water retintion, this is more then likely the cause. He drinks a LOT of water due to being a Diabetic. As far as the salt intake, this is definately not the problem since he takes in very little sodium. Again, Thank you everyone for your time. Hope you have a Blessed Day!!!