Super Contributor

I need suggestions for a good eye cream. I don't want to pay an obscene amount of money for it either haha.

I am almost 36 and I need a cream that will go on easily and that will also help hold my eyeshadow without creasing.

Does such an eye cream exist? I really don't want to do eye cream AND eyelid primer.

Super Contributor

I like and use this:

Plantscription™ Anti-aging eye cream

0.5 fl. oz./15 ml US$43.50

ETA: I use Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadow. It gives me the least crease than any other line. I usually use it as shadow; sometimes I use it as base shadow.

Long-Wear Cream Shadow

Super Contributor

Eye creams are supposed to be emollient -- why would you wear it under eye shadow? Of course, it'll crease. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

ASDMbeverlyhills.com

It depends also on what you are trying to address.

Honored Contributor

Mad Hippie Eye Cream - lots of good ingredients and not super thick or tacky. Under $20 for 0.5 fl. oz/15 ml.

I wouldn't recommend any eye cream directly on the lid for daytime use. Through heat, sweating, etc. it could migrate toward your eye and end up irritating it. I still think an eyeshadow base or primer is needed either way.

Super Contributor
On 6/25/2014 ennui1 said:

Eye creams are supposed to be emollient -- why would you wear it under eye shadow? Of course, it'll crease. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I actually only recently experienced creasing when using a basic lotion in a pinch. I never had creasing issues using previous eye creams by MAC Fast Response and bareMinerals Renew and Hydrate eye creams, but ran out and was just trying to feel out for some other options before repurchasing.

Respected Contributor

i have been using Equate Reviving anti-wrinkle and firming eye cream from W-mart. i am sensitive to fragrance in my eye area, and it is fragrance free. over that i use a little of either a powder/cream (cover girl-olay) or liquid (lancome) foundation and then my eye shadow, which is always clinique. never a crease after 8-12 hrs!

Super Contributor
On 6/25/2014 fancy pantsy said:

i have been using Equate Reviving anti-wrinkle and firming eye cream from W-mart. i am sensitive to fragrance in my eye area, and it is fragrance free. over that i use a little of either a powder/cream (cover girl-olay) or liquid (lancome) foundation and then my eye shadow, which is always clinique. never a crease after 8-12 hrs!

I think I used that one before and had no issues either.

My ALL-TIME favorite Clinique eye shadow duo was recently discontinued (Double Scoop) and I have failed to find any colors or formulations that are as awesome *sadface*