Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Cream vs. No Eye Cream?

@RooRoo wrote:

I didn't used to use a seperate eye cream, but now I do.  Some facial (or general) moisturizers can & have irritated my eyes & made them burn, especially if they contain actives.  I do use my serums underneath my eyes but not on my eyelids.  

@RooRoo   I only use a Vit.C serum, so I keep it way from my eye area. It's quite drying. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Cream vs. Moisturizer?

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm an eye cream user and feel the one I use - Pacificia collagen eye cream - works really well for me.

This is an interesting post.  Thanks for starting it.

Edited to add:  @JeanLouiseFinch @San Antonio Gal @Harpa - I'm curious to know what eye serum you use under your eyes.  My undereye area seems dry a lot of times and wondering if usng a serum and an eye cream would help. 

@JudyL  I've been using a couple from QRX Labs; Eye Reboot Serum and Eye Perfect Elixir, but I've recently ordered some things from The Ordinary that I'll be experimenting with soon.  I also make it a point to bring any facial serums up to the under eye area - Niacinamide, Ceramides, Peptides.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

Victoria Principal's EyeMazing Eye Serum.

But also Dr. Kaplan's Firming Eye Serum. (He's got good products, even though too expensive.)

I tried Isomer's Fast Lift, and I couldn't believe how dry that made my eye area! (Never had that happen before, and I've tried a bunch over the years.)

Respected Contributor

I use eye serum and eye cream specifically for the eye area because I use both on my upper eye area and lid.   I use products that state they can be used there.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

Re: Eye Cream vs. No Eye Cream?

@Shanus wrote:

@RooRoo   I only use a Vit.C serum, so I keep it way from my eye area. It's quite drying. 

@Shanus  I don't use a Vit C serum but thanks for the heads up!  I use my facial serum beneath my eyes just not my moisturizer. I have sensitive skin these days.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the "I have no earthly idea" camp  but I mostly don't use eye cream.  The eye creams I've had and have used over the years are more emollient and my face moisturizers tho.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to read about your results, @JeanLouiseFinch!

I'm in the eye cream camp, even though some dermatologists I follow on YouTube say they're not necessary and your face moisturizer can be used under the eyes.

I never use any skin care products on my eyelids, so I can't speak to that, but I know I can't use any type of sunscreen on my eyelids because they irritate my eyes, even the mineral ones, so I don't take any chances applying anything to my eyelids.

I use an eye cream by the Inkey List containing caffeine in the morning (and I keep it in my mini fridge to keep it cool), to help with undereye puffiness, and I use Bobbi Brown's extra repair eye cream at night.

I do bring my serums, including my Vitamin C, under my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch     I have never been one for eye cream but lately I have been changing my mind.   I am very interested in Tarte's eye cream with Maracuja.  I know that Maracuja oil is very good for a number of things.  In fact I plan on purchasing with the 30% off & free shpg. which ends shortly.  When I receive the eye cream, I will try for 2 weeks to see if there is any difference.  So let's start another thread for results.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I use a separate eye cream.  I have facial skin that is drier so I use a heavier moisturizer.  Anytime I've tried to use my face moisturizer under my eyes, I end up with milia.

Valued Contributor

i use Vaseline Intensive Care unscented (White Bottle) on my face and around my eye area. I have not had any problems.