Contributor
Could anyone please recommemd a nice taupe color eye brow pencil that you can purchase from walmart or Target that works nice. (I need to get a new one but there are so many out there to choose from). I am using ybf now but is expensive. Thank you!
Honored Contributor

I highly recommend Wet N' Wild's taupe eyebrow/eyeliner pencil.

I've been using it for years because it's cruelty free (very important to me), it lasts all day long and it only costs 99¢!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I buy it at the following stores: Walgreen's,CVS and Harmons.

Hope this helps.Smile

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

I have seen a lot of good reviews for the Milani brow pencil, but I haven't tried it yet. Some of the reviewers had switched from ybf and like the Milani just fine. I will try it when I run out of ybf.

I actually use Benefit Gimme Brow and Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe shadow (got the tip from this board) now. I only use ybf if I need to touch up a little during the day.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/5/2014 vaccinia said:

I have seen a lot of good reviews for the Milani brow pencil, but I haven't tried it yet. Some of the reviewers had switched from ybf and like the Milani just fine. I will try it when I run out of ybf.

I am one of those people who recommends the Milani EasyBrow. I use natural taupe. I learned about it here, actually.

Like you and the OP, I was using Models Prefer (the predecessor of YBF) when it was sold on QVC. When they left, I bought some online at a great discount when Models Prefer switched to YBF.

I like it about as much. The point is a bit thicker and doesn't stay as thin/pointy, but I can achieve the same results as I did with MP. At under $6, I'll take that! Much, much cheaper and locally available! BTW, I don't actually like the brush, though, so I kept my old MP and use that brush. I suggest you keep an old YBF for the brush, as well.

Gloria

Honored Contributor

I've used the Milani Taupe pencil in the past. One pencil was really good, but the next one kept breaking all the time. After that, I decided to try the IT Cosmetics Brow Power. I like that one quite a bit, but I also like the Joan Rivers Brow Powder.

Respected Contributor

I like the Fabubrow Eyebrow Pencil by Jordana that you can get at drug and even some grocery stores or online. Nice taupe color, tiny brush on the other end and only $3. As good as some that cost WAY more and made in Germany not China. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor
On 5/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've used the Milani Taupe pencil in the past. One pencil was really good, but the next one kept breaking all the time. After that, I decided to try the IT Cosmetics Brow Power. I like that one quite a bit, but I also like the Joan Rivers Brow Powder.

I have never experienced this!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
On 5/5/2014 silkyk said:

I like the Fabubrow Eyebrow Pencil by Jordana that you can get at drug and even some grocery stores or online. Nice taupe color, tiny brush on the other end and only $3. As good as some that cost WAY more and made in Germany not China. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I love the Milani and have a few in reserve, but maybe I'll check this out, too, since it is cheaper and has a smaller brush.

Thanks!

ETA that I checked it out online, but couldn't tell if it was self-sharpening or requires a sharpener.

TIA

Honored Contributor
On 5/7/2014 Gloria said:
On 5/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I have never experienced this!

Does Milani make more than one type? The kind I was using was an automatic. It's weird, but the same thing happened with some YBF automatic eyebrow pencils, too.

Respected Contributor

I'm all for deals on these kind of products, as long as the main part of the deal is that it stay put until I remove it. I like the "it" pencil which seems to last forever. I have to use the one that has to be sharpened because I need auburn. I would love a self sharpening pencil with this same quality. Any ideas?