Honored Contributor

I was in Ulta this afternoon for the 21 days of beauty buy one, get one free Clarisonic brushes (for DD - I still don't use this). The head SA asked me if I was coming in tomorrow for the 25% off Exuviance offer.

I honestly have never heard of this brand before and told her. We can't pay attention to EVERYTHING, right? Smiley Wink Anyway, she was raving about this and told me this is what she uses. I told her my routine in simple, and I've used Paula's Choice for years. With that company being bought out, I'm afraid once again, we'll notice a difference in the products.

This line seems expensive. I was in a hurry, so I didn't look long, but she did put the Day Cream SPF30 on the back of my hand.

If you've had any experience with this line, what do you think?

Contributor

Hi!  I tried it once also because I was in Ultra and the Exuvi (sorry auto correct keeps changing spelling) rep went on and on about great it was. I ended up returning everything. The cream cleanser left so much makeup behind and the retinol was so strong it burned. I would also check the reviews on Ulta. Hope this helps and good luck with your beauty search!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @jasminesmom! I think after reading about what you experienced I'll stick to what I'm using! I'm happy with my routine now, but the Ulta SA kept going on about how great it was and how she used it. It's a lot more money than what I pay now - even at 25% off! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I only use the Exuviace concealer so I can't help with the skin care. The concealer works better than others I've tried. 

Super Contributor

At the recommendation of the clerk at Ulta, I tried the foundation, cleanser, face lotion and toner. I tried it for about 2 weeks. While I liked the coverage on the foundation (full coverage), it made my skin peel and dry. I think it was the glycolic acid in it. Just too harsh for my sensitive skin. Like the previous poster said, the creamy cleanser does not foam and it did not remove all my makeup. I ended up returning everything. Also, check Amazon. I found all their products much cheaper on Amazon that at Ulta. I mean some things were 10 to 20 dollars less. I switched back to Cerava and my skin is much happier.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Trusted Contributor

The only item I is use from the Exuviance line is their Sheer Daily Protector SPF 50.  This is a mineral sunscreen that works great for those with oily skin and want a thin, liquid type of product.  The product is slightly tinted, I have light-medium neutral skintone and it is fine, doesn't give me Kabuki face like a lot of other mineral sunscreens do.  It works great under powder foundation and under BB cream.  This is not a moisturing sunscreen so it spreads the best if I apply it immediately after using a moisturizer and you must shake the bottle prior to using it because it does tend to settle out. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I was in Ulta this afternoon for the 21 days of beauty buy one, get one free Clarisonic brushes (for DD - I still don't use this). The head SA asked me if I was coming in tomorrow for the 25% off Exuviance offer.

I honestly have never heard of this brand before and told her. We can't pay attention to EVERYTHING, right? Smiley Wink Anyway, she was raving about this and told me this is what she uses. I told her my routine in simple, and I've used Paula's Choice for years. With that company being bought out, I'm afraid once again, we'll notice a difference in the products.

This line seems expensive. I was in a hurry, so I didn't look long, but she did put the Day Cream SPF30 on the back of my hand.

If you've had any experience with this line, what do you think?

Anything is possible, @beach-mom, but the sale occurred a few years ago. I wouldn't jump to the unknown as long as you're currently satisfied. If quality deteriorates, then it would be time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Re: Exuviance skin care

[ Edited ]

Exuviance has been around a long time. I first tried the products about 10 years ago. Didn't like the products, they were very harsh and left a tacky, greasy feeling on my skin.

The Q used to carry this line, maybe 5 years ago??? 

Esteemed Contributor

I've dabbled with a few Exuvience products.  Most of the things were not impressive to me, and seemed less so considering the price.  The only product which I was moderately satisfied with was a hyperpigmentation treatment (which is not as good as Vichy's or Peter Thomas Roth's).