Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity@ECBG@summer@mac116@Mz iMac

My dry scales are not really dry skin.

They are caused by whatever is causing my rosacea -- and Azelaic Acid is my cure.

No dry scales...

Trusted Contributor

Hand Cream - Original

Honored Contributor

Re: Extra Dry Skin

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have scleroderma, meaning "hard skin", and I have trouble getting lotions to absorb into my skin so I end up with very dry skin. The only lotions that give me any relief are ones that contain glycolic acid. The GA softens my skin enough so that the other ingredients in my lotion can do their work to keep my skin from drying out. I use Alpha Skincare's body lotion.

Since my skin is constantly getting abnormally thicker in areas on my body, I am in a constant battle with exfoliation...my face is one area where exfoliation is super important. Because of this I also have dry skin on my face so glycolic acid peels is what I do every other night. Never ending battle.

My dad had scleroderma, his fingers became club like, skin got very thick,it went into his organs, he also had red blotches on his skin,he died of lung cancer at 61.

My hands are permanently fisted, can't open or close my hands at all. My heart valve is also affected and I have tiny red spots on my face, looks like a rash.Woman Tongue  I'm 61 and been this way for 15 years. Hope to see another 15, at least Woman Very Happy @goldensrbest  Sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have scleroderma, meaning "hard skin", and I have trouble getting lotions to absorb into my skin so I end up with very dry skin. The only lotions that give me any relief are ones that contain glycolic acid. The GA softens my skin enough so that the other ingredients in my lotion can do their work to keep my skin from drying out. I use Alpha Skincare's body lotion.

Since my skin is constantly getting abnormally thicker in areas on my body, I am in a constant battle with exfoliation...my face is one area where exfoliation is super important. Because of this I also have dry skin on my face so glycolic acid peels is what I do every other night. Never ending battle.

So sorry you are dealing with this @SilleeMee..

I had a health issue earlier this year and my skin suffered. Coconut oil by itself and mixed with other lotions really helped me.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

So sorry you are dealing with this @SilleeMee..

I had a health issue earlier this year and my skin suffered. Coconut oil by itself and mixed with other lotions really helped me.

I have to be really careful about what I put on my skin because the scleroderma is making my pores disappear or shrink. My doc told me this can be dangerous if I block any of my remaining pores. I get overheated easily because there are not enough pores to keep me cool. So coconut oil is not an option. @Ms tyrion2

Regular Contributor

Agree!

Respected Contributor

I have super dry skin too. I found that Eucerin and Curel have been my go to lotion and both were reccommended to me by my dermotologist. Sometimes I add a drop of baby oil gel to it and work it into damp hands. Seems to hold moisture better.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I have extra dry skin and sensitive. I use the First Aid beauty cream and Josie Maran's body butter and hand cream. I use the argan balm on my lips and my hands.  I find the balm works especially well after gardening or a home project. If you want products just for your hands I would use the JM hand cream and argan balm. i find it a bit more budget friendly for my needs. Hope you have some relief soon.

Honored Contributor

Sweet----My hands are the same way too. I find that when I exfoliate my face, I rub whats left onto my hands and feet  pat dry and use what ever stuff I have. l  put on thin socks after I smear vaseline on my feet at night too. Wearing rubbing gloves when cleaning works wonders.