Respected Contributor

Exfolikate or DermAppeal...........

Exfolikate by Kate Somerville or DermAppeal by Skinn? Which one have you tried and what type of results to you get?
Valued Contributor

Re: Exfolikate or DermAppeal...........

I LOVE Exfolikate! It smells wonderful, makes my face smooth and shiny.

Honored Contributor

Both will give results.  Exfolikate is very expensive, IMO, for something that’s going to get rinsed off.  Skinn has a distinct menthol scent that some don’t care for but I actually kind of like it.  

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  Here's what I do.  I had a problem with cystic acne (1 or 2 mostly between my eyebrows) until well into my 60's!  I tried lots of things without success until I started daily exfoliation.  I never get a bump anymore since I've been doing this, and it's so easy.  I wash my face every AM and PM with Serious Skin Care Glycolic Cleanser, but for the PM wash I mix in a blob of one of the following:  Skinn Dermapeel, SSC Glycolic Gommage, or SSC C-Extreme Results.

These all come in a tube, and I rotate them because the Dermapeel is too strong to use every day, but the other two are not.  They are all physical exfoliants, and my face stays smooth all the time now.  I only wish I had discovered this way of cleansing many years ago.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Both will give results.  Exfolikate is very expensive, IMO, for something that’s going to get rinsed off.  Skinn has a distinct menthol scent that some don’t care for but I actually kind of like it.  

Skinn's peppermint smell is quite overwhelming!!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only use the Derm Appeal but have to agree the menthol scent is strong and if you get the scrub too close to the eyes the odor  irritates the  eyes to the point you can't keep your eyes open.  I still think it does a good job for a scrub. 

Super Contributor

I have used both. I think that the DermAppeal is a bit more effective if used as directed but the grainuals in the DermAppeal are a bit larger than those in the Exfolikate and are rougher on the skin. They both are a combination peel and scrub. Exfoliate has far less scrub action in it. If you have sensitive skin I would go with the Exfolikate.