Honored Contributor

My son is very hard on shoes. So today I got tired of looking at his boots and some of the rubber around the soles was pulling away from the suede. So I used Shoe Goo and glued the rubber from the sole back on the suede.

Of course I got Shoe Goo on my fingers. So I was pulling the Shoe Goo off my fingers. WOW! It did a good job of exfoliating my fingers. Who knows it might have even changed my fingerprint. Guess I have to remember next time I am fingerprinted.Smiley Wink

Not sure I am ready to use it beyond my fingers. But I am amazed what a thorough job Shoe Goo did exfoliating.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exfoliating your fingers

i am all for the latest greatest beauty treatment but I think I'll pass on this newly discovered gem.😉 Glad you had a great surprise result.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wish I'd had this as a defense in kindergarten. "Stop playing with the glue, Porcelain." "Actually, we're exfoliating our fingers, Ms. Johnson."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Pretty sure I learned this "someplace".  Use Elmer's glue on your skin and then peel it off.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I remember Crabtree & Evelyn used to have an exfoliator

as part of their Gardener's line.  

Whenever I use turmeric or peel oranges with my fingernails,

I kinda wish I had something to remove the stain.

Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

If you have any leather shoes you want to get cleaned, I purchased Weiman's leather wipes for leather chairs, shoes, etc.  I used a wipe on my leather chair and it not only shined it up but conditioned it too.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Spoiler

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla   Eh, not sure about this new discovery. My hands/nails are exposed to harsh chemicals making jewelry and when doing my painting, I always have Gesso, glue, acrylic paints, ammonia and other substances on my hands/fingers that dry them out. 

I always wear 2 coats of Perfect Formula to try to keep this off my nails. Without that protection, my nails peel from the glue, etc.

During cleanup, I find a loofah w/ dish soap cleans and gently exfoliates hands/fingers. Application of a thick hand hand lotion follows. I have no finger prints from the acids I come in contact with. 

When doing my mani, I use a buffer to exfoliate any stains or ridges on my nails before polishing again.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

My son is very hard on shoes. So today I got tired of looking at his boots and some of the rubber around the soles was pulling away from the suede. So I used Shoe Goo and glued the rubber from the sole back on the suede.

Of course I got Shoe Goo on my fingers. So I was pulling the Shoe Goo off my fingers. WOW! It did a good job of exfoliating my fingers. Who knows it might have even changed my fingerprint. Guess I have to remember next time I am fingerprinted.Smiley Wink

Not sure I am ready to use it beyond my fingers. But I am amazed what a thorough job Shoe Goo did exfoliating.

Hmm. I skip the heavy chemicals and just rub a stick of butter on my fingers and offer them to a passing cat. Voilà! Sanded clean, and the cat's happy, too. Of course, I have to wash my hands afterwards, but that would go for Shoe Goo, too. And not to be a downer, but the SDS on Shoe Goo specifically warns against skin contact. So try butter and a cat. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

Hmm. I skip the heavy chemicals and just rub a stick of butter on my fingers and offer them to a passing cat. Voilà! Sanded clean, and the cat's happy, too. Of course, I have to wash my hands afterwards, but that would go for Shoe Goo, too. And not to be a downer, but the SDS on Shoe Goo specifically warns against skin contact. So try butter and a cat. 

OOPS!

I never read the warning on the Shoe Goo package. My, there were quite a few things they warn you about. Guess it will not become part of my beauty routine. Thanks for the heads up.