Honored Contributor

Alpha is full of mineral oil and petroleum, Paula's Choice has much better ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Alpha is full of mineral oil and petroleum, Paula's Choice has much better ingredients.

Yes, I know @Shelbelle. I remember us talking about this before.Woman Happy But the thing is, for me, those ingredients actually help my skin from drying out by giving me a barrier to prevent water loss. I don't use them on my face, however, just on my body. Where I live it is extremely dry and my scleroderma skin needs to be free from cracking, which can be detrimental to me.

Honored Contributor

What's the big deal with mineral oil and petroleum?  From what I've read, it's a lot of scare tactics.  Even Paula B. says so: The claims that mineral oil is unsafe to use are unfounded and are perpetuated by cosmetics companies and people who use information about non-purified, industrial-grade mineral oil (which isn’t used in skin care) as a scare tactic. The truth is that the mineral oil you find in skincare products is perfectly safe, and even better – very good for your skin, especially if it’s dry or sensitive!  She even says mineral oil is a "fab skin-care ingredient".

Respected Contributor

How about wearing long sleeves?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

what about something like this 

3-Pairs Grey

slip on your arms to block the sun

@jackthebear- I can't make out the picture.  What is this?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

what about something like this 

3-Pairs Grey

slip on your arms to block the sun

@jackthebear- I can't make out the picture.  What is this?

I can't see it either!  It's too small.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee I didn't know this.  If you remember, will you post on the board when that sale starts?  Thanks if you can!

Yes! Absolutely @AinhisgWoman Happy

Thank you, @SilleeMee I'd be interested too.  I just recently started using the Alpha 12% glycolic acid face cream, alternating days with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and I must say, I'm liking it so far. I've heard good things about the Alpha line. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My personal favorite for an exfoliating body lotion is AmLactin.  I buy it right in any grocery or drugstore and it's under $15.00.

I have tried many others that claim to be renewing, etc. but they don't work for me.  I've never tried Alpha.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

How about wearing long sleeves?

Maybe you can wear long sleeves when doing heavy yard work in 90+ degree humidity, but I can't.  I wear old worn-out clothes, usually T-shirts because they're not good for anything else once I've worn them for a day of yard work.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have finally managed to mostly rid myself of my farmer tan.  However, yard work season is upon us, so I'm looking for a good exfoliating body lotion to help keep it at bay.  I do wear sunscreen, but I often don't think to reapply, and if I have to make a choice between bug spray and sunscreen the bug spray will win.  I can't tolerate both at the same time.  

Every body lotion recommended here has either AHAs or BHAs. AHAs  make your skin more susceptible to damage. (Lactic acid is an AHA.) If you aren't going to be vigilent about sunscreen, look into one with salicylic acid, which does not increase sun sensitivity.

Read more about it here: https://labmuffin.com/fact-check-friday-do-i-need-extra-sunscreen-when-using-chemical-exfoliants/