Respected Contributor

Exfoliate vs. peel...Need both???

I usually do an exfoliation on my face with a scrub of some type but I was wondering - would a '''peel''' benefit me any more than  just to exfoliate?

Honored Contributor

Re: Exfoliate vs. peel...Need both???

@jackkeepoo wrote:

I usually do an exfoliation on my face with a scrub of some type but I was wondering - would a '''peel''' benefit me any more than  just to exfoliate?

I think it depends on which products you use and your skin. I've used some exfoliators that haven't really worked as well as others and they really needed a weekly in the mix.

Sometimes products that have worked well for me become less effective over time and a peel thrown in the mix can be helpful.

Right now the products I'm working are doing a great job and my skin looks glowing and healthy and I've very happy. If my skin gets a little dull, I'll throw a peel in the mix.

Super Contributor

I use both, not at the same time of course, but I find that I get the best results by alternating peels and exfoliators.

Esteemed Contributor

@howwhatwhen wrote:

I use both, not at the same time of course, but I find that I get the best results by alternating peels and exfoliators.

I alternate  microdermabrasion products in that mix!

Super Contributor

I use the Skinn dermappeal as well as the SSC pumpkin enzyme product also