Respected Contributor

Excited...Treating Myself to a New Good Perfume

I have officially quit smoking and was trying to think of something to reward myself with that I normally  would not buy. It hit me today, a nice bottle of really good perfume. I usually don't spend much on perfume because I figure I just smell like a smoke stack or trying to cover up one. So excited. Not sure which one yet. Need to get out there and test in person. I tend to prefer clean fresh airy scents. Loved Amazing Grace but that changed. This will be fun looking for something new.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Excited...Treating Myself to a New Good Perfume

Congrats on quitting smoking! Have fun picking out a new scent! That's a great reward.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on quitting smoking. Must have been so hard to do. I have never smoked. Yet if somebody told me I couldn’t have chocolate for the rest of my life I don’t think I could do it. So I know what it must be like for you not to have that cigarette. Continued success and buy yourself the most beautiful bottle of perfume. You deserve it!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations, @Vickiv. That is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

You might enjoy browsing fragrantica.com. You can even search for perfumes by the notes you like or by your preferred groups/types of scent. Also, it is the best place to read reviews.

Have fun!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Congratulations, @Vickiv. That is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

You might enjoy browsing fragrantica.com. You can even search for perfumes by the notes you like or by your preferred groups/types of scent. Also, it is the best place to read reviews.

Have fun!

Oops. I meant this for @luvdoodles.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I have officially quit smoking and was trying to think of something to reward myself with that I normally  would not buy. It hit me today, a nice bottle of really good perfume. I usually don't spend much on perfume because I figure I just smell like a smoke stack or trying to cover up one. So excited. Not sure which one yet. Need to get out there and test in person. I tend to prefer clean fresh airy scents. Loved Amazing Grace but that changed. This will be fun looking for something new.

@luvdoodles

CONGRATULATIONS ... and what a great idea!  

Stop at a couple high end dept stores and find their fragrance wizard.   Tell her your story and are looking for a "signature fragrance" and let her make some suggestions ....  I'd be willing to bet she'll give you a handful of samples, so please take your time, and don't make a decision that day (heh heh heh).

Honored Contributor

Congrats to you! @luvdoodles I used to be a smoker years ago and when I quit I noticed a big improvement in my sense of smell and taste. I hope you find something you love.Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

That is just the best idea to get a new perfume! Now you can enjoy a nice fragrance without it mixing with smoke. I think that's the perfect treat!

Respected Contributor

Congrats & enjoy whatever new scent you fall in love with in good health!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on ditching the cigs! Good for you! You will find any scent will be more pleasing the senses other than cigarattes. Lol! Have fun finding a new scent.