Regular Contributor

Re: Excited...Treating Myself to a New Good Perfume

Congratulations! 

I enjoy clean scents too. You might want to start with a little kit of rollerballs to get a good idea of how the fragrance lasts on you and works with your body chemistry. I love the brand Clean, and I got a dual-ended rollerball with Warm Cotton and Cool Cotton. I preferred the smell of Cool Cotton at first, but it just didn't last any time on my skin. So I got a full size kit of Warm Cotton. I love it! 

Happy shopping! 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Occasional Visitor

Go to one of the nice department stores in the mall and sample their scents.  QVC has bought out most of the companies that used to sale their products on QVC and changed the configurations to cheaper ingredients.  

Contributor

Congratulations on your major accomplishment!  You deserve something really nice.   If you live near a Nieman Marcus, stop by when they are not busy.  They will listen to you and give you very generous samples.   Highly recomment Jo Malone, if you like something edgier look at Tom Ford.  Expensive, but VERY special.  I like NM for a splurge, as they will show you a lot of different brands.  

Next best is Nordstrom, then Macys.

Enjoy, you deserve it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

One of my daughters does wear Mark Jacobs Daisy. Another one wears Juicy Couture. I like both of them but have to try them on myself first. One of these days I will get to a store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you find a few scents you like be sure and go to  fragrance.com You can purchase tester bottles and unboxed bottles at GREAT prices if you don't want to pay for all the extra do-dah packaging. I buy my Guerlain L'Heure Bleue perfume there (tester bottles when they are available) and can lavish it on without breaking the bank. Have fun and congrats on getting that monkey off your back! You look much prettier without it!

Respected Contributor

@luvdoodlesLove this "Good Girl" perfume. I love jasmine and this set is $120.00. This is my next perfume. Love the bottle tooWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't heard of that one. I will check it out. Thanks. I love that bottle too.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@luvdoodles,   It will be 4 years for me at end of December.  I feel so much better.  Stay strong;  What cured me was I could hardly breathe and ended up in the hospital.  I was so sick, I did not want a cigarette.    My pulmonary doctor told me earlier this year that my lungs are now clear. I still receive yearly CT scans on my lungs.  BTW, Congratulations!  Cat Very Happy

@luvdoodles  Congrats on your decision! The thrill will be in the hunt of finding that special scent...have fun on the journey  Smiley Happy

@Katcat1 Glad to hear your lungs are clear. I am a 13 yr lung cancer survivor  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Congrats to both of you for quitting, it truely is a difficult thing to do. I ended up in the hospital for a week after having surgery. That's seven days did it for me. Longest I had ever gone without one. There was no way I was going back. Tempted sometimes but I know I will never smoke again. Yes the thrill of the hunt wil be fun!!!