Honored Contributor

Re: Exaggerations - are they really necessary?

On 3/21/2015 wackers said:

I really did not exaggerate as I could hear the entire 60 minute presentation and Albany just kept repeating that phrase. And even saying it just once or twice would be silly, from a factual standpoint. JMO, nothing more. I did apologize for my rant.

Golfcartrider - I do agree that it might be quite true for the tablets Albany personally buys - quite possibly Ipads yet I know you can buy certain Ipads for under $400. (maybe not at the Q but in both retail stores and other online sites) The Mini has at least 2 models that are closer to $300. My son is a Manager for Apple and I am buying one through him and prior to any employee discount participation, the prices are high $200's and right around $300.

I do agree that it is usually best to just ignore their sales pitches. I rarely watch QVC live anymore for this reason.

Mimichic - you almost have to wonder if Jacquie was even aware of what she was saying/implying. If so, that would be another downright silly and un-necessary comment.

I know we could fill these boards with 100's of similar examples - that one just got to me this evening and I should have just screamed at the TV rather than posting. Once again, my apologies.

You don't need to apologize. Another thing that gets to me is the "scare tactic".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I may be wrong but I think BOA issues a special chip for abroad use and travelon rfid technology is ineffective. The rep at BOA told my husband to use foil.
Respected Contributor

I was watching some of the presentation and Albany was saying you can't buy a tablet and keyboard for the same price.

What annoyed me was that some caller was asking if the TSV had certain features and her questions were not addressed. Later Albany said she forgot to say if it had wifi and said it did. I was wondering if it came with a word processor program and never did find out. So much time was spent on the colors the computer came in and I think that is the least important feature.

Frequent Contributor

I had to turn her off.
Respected Contributor

Forget exaggerations,I wonder if Albany is really necessary?? I do not like her selling style of talking like a kindergarten teacher.She is very pretty on air,but that isn't enough to make me watch her.
Trusted Contributor

I completely agree with the OP. I also wish that some posters wouldn't sarcastically criticize other posters for their remarks. Nobody should just come on a thread to mock a poster.

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Lila4now said:

Albany is not the only host that does that. Most of the super fast talking hosts open their mouths without engaging their brains first. Some of the things that fall out of their mouths is flat out silly. It's even more funny when they don't even realize what they just said, and the vendor is standing there just staring at them.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}