Valued Contributor

Evine....partnering or selling?

I saw a posting on Facebook just now that stated that after a dismal quarter....Evine is considering finding someone to partner with or ?sell. They are exploring alternatives. I know this has been a rumor for some time but perhaps this will happen sooner rather than later since this posting showed up today.

With so many vendors gone....Sirot....Skinn....Beekman in the beauty category and I keep seeing sales on jewelry too, it may actually come to fruition. Their big sellers are gone and even I can see lack of interest on faces of many show hosts. I only see over the top exhuberance on hosts with SSC. To me that is super crazy and shows desperation to me....only my opinion.

Who knows....another wait and see and rule out the rumors.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine....partnering or selling?

There are so many shopping channels. I'm surprised that one big fan of Lisa Robertson hasn't suggested she take it over.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

There are so many shopping channels. I'm surprised that one big fan of Lisa Robertson hasn't suggested she take it over.

He/She did!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I think the Q over extended themselves with the new channels.  People do not want to be flipping back and forth between channels.  I think I turned to Evine a couple of times for about a minute.  

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I think Amazon should partner with them or buy them. I like Evine so I'm looking for a life line. 

Contributor

Their big sellers are gone and even I can see lack of interest on faces of many show hosts. I only see over the top exhuberance on hosts with SSC. To me that is super crazy and shows desperation to me....only my opinion.

No, you are not the only one.

With Anushka gone after April.  The only brand they have on Evine will tune into now as Vascar has personaity.  Not sure if I will watch Evine anymore.

I tuned into watch Jennifer when she came on with SSC.  I have tried SSC when they were on HSN.  But I dislike their products (don't work for my skin type, not matter which products I have used. Skinn works WAY better for me).  But I have always found Jennifer pleasent to watch. But as I mentioned in another posting, Jennifer looked stressed out since moving to Evine.  Can't put my finger on it. 

Honored Contributor

since SKINN is not there I doubt i will order anything from Evine.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

They can’t sell much, of they do not offer much.

Even the remaining mainstay brands at Evine do not offer much of anything these days.

A shame, I have bought quite a bit there over the past years. 

They have dwindled down to hardly anything new even offered. And what is new, is worse than what they did have.

It started changing a while ago already and just gets worse.

Either way they go - not interested anymore period.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Stressed?  You bet these people are stressed.  Here they are making a comfortable living and the rug is pulled out from under them, to be replaced by a tiny throw rug somewhere else. I wonder more about people like Chuck Clemency and Paul Deasy.  I bet even Dimitri is losing sleep. These "new" lines take forever to get established, all their customers don't follow them to a new network overnight.  

Respected Contributor

I can’t use Skinn but enjoyed watching Dimitri. I’m sorry he left Evine.  He seemed so comfortable and happy there.